Photo

Villa recommendations

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dwbride?

Dwbride?
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

I am considering hosting my 15 guest wedding at a villa any recommendations?

Thanks!!!

#2 luvtoteachlaw

luvtoteachlaw
    • 134 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:29 PM

Hi - I responded to your PM. Now that I see your 15 guest count, that would be a great size for a wedding at Bluefields. Check out their website:

Villas on Bluefields Bay, Jamaica - Private Luxury Waterfront Villas

#3 Maegan606

Maegan606
      • 115 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:00 PM

I began searching for villas a few months ago--it was very difficult for me bc im planning on having 30-40 ppl attend our wedding, and we needed to find villas that were next to each other so we could fit everyone. I ended up choosing a resort instead, but it should be fairly easy 4 u to find a good villa with that amount of people! i am going to search through what i found, and send u some recommendations.
        ~Maegan

#4 MarieSam

MarieSam
        • VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:05 AM

Hope this helps!!!

#5 crsperanza

crsperanza
          • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

MarieSam,

I think the accomodations you have chosen for your family and friends looks absolutely perfect! I have been looking for this type of villa arrangement for my DW guests, but in Play del Carmen. Do you or anyone else know of villa/townhomes in close proximity to eachother in Playa? I've researched many websites re: villas but I can't tell which ones are close together. I really want our guest to be as close as possible to minimize issues in trying to spend time with them. We also have to be conscientous about the cost so it is reasonable for everyone. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!!!

#6 MarieSam

MarieSam
            • VIP Member
            • 2,336 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by crsperanza
              MarieSam,

I think the accomodations you have chosen for your family and friends looks absolutely perfect! I have been looking for this type of villa arrangement for my DW guests, but in Play del Carmen. Do you or anyone else know of villa/townhomes in close proximity to eachother in Playa? I've researched many websites re: villas but I can't tell which ones are close together. I really want our guest to be as close as possible to minimize issues in trying to spend time with them. We also have to be conscientous about the cost so it is reasonable for everyone. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!!!
              Oooh I'd be glad to help you search!! First, about how many people are you looking to accommodate? Also is there a particular budget you're looking at? And how close do you need to be to the heart of Playa, which for most is Avenue 5 where all the action happens -- walking distance, short car ride, few blocks?

#7 crsperanza

crsperanza
              • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:11 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MarieSam
                Oooh I'd be glad to help you search!! First, about how many people are you looking to accommodate? Also is there a particular budget you're looking at? And how close do you need to be to the heart of Playa, which for most is Avenue 5 where all the action happens -- walking distance, short car ride, few blocks?
                We would need to accomodate between 25-40 people. We would also like different budget options because our guest will have different levels of comfort for what they can afford. Many of our guests will be coming from Europe and will be paying quite a bit in airfare so some very affordable options will be important for them. I would prefer to be within walking distance to Avenue 5. I was also looking at Puerto Aventuras because there are some pretty amazing villas, the only downside being that it is still pretty far from Playa and the nightlife/restaurants. Any suggestions that you would have is very greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!

#8 MarieSam

MarieSam
                • VIP Member
                • 2,336 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by crsperanza
                  We would need to accomodate between 25-40 people. We would also like different budget options because our guest will have different levels of comfort for what they can afford. Many of our guests will be coming from Europe and will be paying quite a bit in airfare so some very affordable options will be important for them. I would prefer to be within walking distance to Avenue 5. I was also looking at Puerto Aventuras because there are some pretty amazing villas, the only downside being that it is still pretty far from Playa and the nightlife/restaurants. Any suggestions that you would have is very greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!

Hey girl, sorry for the late response!

Well I think your best bet would be to first starting looking on locogringo.com which is a great site that offers info, pricing and reservations options on condos, villas, and hotels throughout the Riviera Maya.

If you click on the below links, they will direct you to aerial views which show the distance between lodging options, and then you can click on those names for pricing info. There are locations on playa's main beach area, and then areas south and north of the central area. This will help you see how far the condos/hotels/villas are from each other. It's a great place to start!

Another great place that has been talked about recently on here in Playa is Blue Parrot ~ which offers hotels, suites, and condos options so it really covers every guests budget. The weddings there seem phenomenal and it's also ideally located near Avenue 5. Here's the website link: ..:: Blue Parrot - Welcome ::..

Also locogringo offers a search option under playa del carmen for a list of condos, villas, hotels in a chart list. Make sure to check that out too!

Hope this helps!!! :))

Central areas:

Playa del Carmen: photo tour, aerial images

South of Playa's central areas:

Playacar~Playa del Carmen: photo tour, aerial images

Playacar Phase 1: photo tour, aerial images

North of Playa's central areas:

Playa del Carmen north: photo tour, aerial images

#9 crsperanza

crsperanza
                  • 161 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MarieSam
                    Hey girl, sorry for the late response!

Well I think your best bet would be to first starting looking on locogringo.com which is a great site that offers info, pricing and reservations options on condos, villas, and hotels throughout the Riviera Maya.

If you click on the below links, they will direct you to aerial views which show the distance between lodging options, and then you can click on those names for pricing info. There are locations on playa's main beach area, and then areas south and north of the central area. This will help you see how far the condos/hotels/villas are from each other. It's a great place to start!

Another great place that has been talked about recently on here in Playa is Blue Parrot ~ which offers hotels, suites, and condos options so it really covers every guests budget. The weddings there seem phenomenal and it's also ideally located near Avenue 5. Here's the website link: ..:: Blue Parrot - Welcome ::..

Also locogringo offers a search option under playa del carmen for a list of condos, villas, hotels in a chart list. Make sure to check that out too!

Hope this helps!!! :))

Central areas:

South of Playa's central areas:

Playacar~Playa del Carmen: photo tour, aerial images

North of Playa's central areas:

Playa del Carmen north: photo tour, aerial images
                    This is all AMAZING information! Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this for us. I really appreciate your help and I will definitely look into the Blue Parrot.

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users