Sandos Playacar Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#491 DeanSanderson

DeanSanderson
  • Vendor
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

There seems to be a few things about photographers in this thread.. one of which I hate reading...

"Photography: I'm working on the name of the photographer. He also was around taking pics by the pool with monkeys lizards ect. There is a fairly tall guy that also takes the pics by the pool it is not him though. Hes a shorter guy. If you have a wedding soon ask Maria because she will definetely know who he is and ask not to have him. I previously posted about this topic so I won't say much more then to not use them if at all possible!!!!! "

I wish there were more standards in our industry for all you bride and grooms... Unfortunately there aren't any :(... but in general, those working at resorts are people that know how to work a camera, they are not photographers. That doesn't mean you won't get photos and that doesn't mean you won't love some of them... it just means that if you want really nice photos and that is very important to you, please hire someone outside the resort.

Good luck out there and I wish you all the best in planning..

#492 Pinz

Pinz
    • 38 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

Hi,

I am getting married at the Sandos Mar 1, 2011.  We decided to create a wedding website that contains all the travel info our guests will need.  If you want to check it out it is www.jayandlindsay.ca

Instead of sending formal invitations, we sent out e-vites from the back end of our website.  It acted as a Save-The-Date and invite all in one (I will try to attach the pdf of it for you).  Then I just sent regular email updates to people.  Cheap and so easy to keep track of since we have large families!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Lindsay

Attached Files

Lindsay

#493 pocobride

pocobride
      • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:37 AM

Congrats on your wedding.  Maybe I'll see you there.  We are getting married on Friday, Feb 25th, but leaving on the 27th.  When will you be arriving? I'm also working on a website...a free one through "the knot" website.  I'll have a look at your website.  We also sent out an email as an invitation.

#494 kristamarie

kristamarie
        • 104 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:17 AM

Hey SD Steph!

How did you make your website?  I LVOE it!!  I can't log in though, b/c i'm not on your list, but its so perfect!

#495 kristamarie

kristamarie
          • 104 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

I have a question.  Have any bride thoghts about brining their own flowers?  I was thinkning about buying those Real Touch Flowers with me to mexico for my girls, so I can save money on the bouquets.  Has anyone done this?

#496 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
            • 661 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

A lot of people have done the Real Touch flowers, hoever getting them is an experience in itself.  Three of my gf's bought them for their weddings and all three girls had issues getting them to their weddings.  Most times, the bouquet came apart and they couldnt get back to how they wanted it.  And two of them brought it on their carry-on to portect it.  I am not going that route, I will either be getting mine from Sandos as they are beautiful flowers or will get simpy silk as they travel so much better.

Hope that helps!

#497 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
              • 661 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

We also did a website for our family and friends through momentville.com

If anyone wants to check it out - it is still in the costruction phase and I still have to upload my music - but have a boo if you like.

www.momentville.com/JennAndRiley2012

#498 steph.remax

steph.remax
                • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

Hi

Maria the wedding planner told me that we could bring our own flowers. We are doing a TTD session the next day so we rather have fake flowers. One of our guest is a florist and she created them for us. It look so real and they are so beautiful!

#499 kristamarie

kristamarie
                  • 104 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:09 AM

OMG! I just xcan't wait to be getting married in 7 months!!!  seems like such a long ways, but not really!! Is anyone else going to be at Sandos the week of April 7th 2011??? 

Thoughts, I'm sending out my invitations 6 months berfore, because I skipped Save The Dates, instead I made a website and had friends and family check it out.  Is this okay??

Other question, We don't want to spend the money on a "priovate receprion" b/c we are at an all inclusive and it seems kinda silly to spend $1500 on what otherwise is "free".  Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do after dinner?  What is everyone else dong?

#500 kristamarie

kristamarie
                    • 104 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

sorry for the typos!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users