Sign in to follow this  
Alyssa

Is anyone planning on going to Obama's Inauguration?

DH and I are planning on going to D.C. for the Inauguration - I haven't worked out any of the details yet but I am so excited to witness such a momentous occasion!

My dad said hotels are already selling out! I was at his last rally and we were almost at the front. We waited there standing and unable to move or go anywhere for close to 6 hours. It was well worth the wait, but if I were to go to the inauguration, I would want to be front and center. I think the 6 hour wait in a huge crowd is about my limit. The inauguration will be absolutely insane, but you will probably catch me there anyways! I live about 45 mins from DC.

the news tonight said a lot of hotels are already booked, I know my students plan to go. Ainsleigh will be 7 months old so I am not really sure what we will be able to go to.

I live in DC and would love to but I looked up ticket prices... holy cr*p tix to just the parate are like 600 bucks each!!! Let alone the ceremony! Its crazy!

Wish we could. The drive is pretty short for you, right? You lucky East Coaster lol Have fun, what an occasion!!!!

Christine - what areas would you suggest for us to look for hotels that are cheaper and we could take public transit (less than 15 min on train) to everything?

here is our metro system

Metro - Metrorail stations

we live off the Springfield/Franconia station and there are actually a few hotels that my parents have stayed at and they liked them

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • My wedding date is set for the next month but not found any wedding planner finally got one wedding planner. its very very help for my wedding arrangement thank you indian wedding company
    • What color is your wedding? You can go with warm autumn-inspired colors such as burnt oranges, dark reds, burgundy, bright yellows, like fall foliage   https://printsbery.com/invitations/wedding/burgundy   What planning have you guys done?  
    • We booked our wedding for April 2021 but the venue let us know at this time they are still implementing Covid measures so we should not have more than 50 guests, etc. We also made sure the contract had an "out" clause that would let us get a refund should the pandemic blow up again, or have the ability to reschedule without penalty.
    • I am having my wedding scheduled in November 2020. I am too much worried about how all the things will be managed in this pandemic situation. About everything like the guest list, preparations, my attire and all. The only thing I am relaxed is about finances. In Feb only me and my fiancé applied for the wedding loans. We have applied early because both of us are having bad credit we had a doubt that it will be approved or not. But our wedding loans with bad credit were timely approved and we have planned accordingly but now this pandemic has spoiled all our preparations. We are trying to be positive and trying to celebrate our new beginnings.
    • Welcome. I am a past Dreams Los Cabos bride. Please let us know if we can assist in any way. We have some great promotions (bride and groom fly free, comped rooms and upgrades).    info@wrighttravelagency.com
  • Topics