Photo

ROR Has Received My Documentation...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:47 PM

WHEW!! One less thing for me to worry about! I was scared because I sent them a little later than I should have.

I mailed them from Canada (via Canada Post - my employer) on the 17th and they have received them. I'm not sure when exactly but I got the email today!

Not to shabby I must say

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

That's a relief!! Above everything else your documents are the MOST important thing to have!! Without them you just can't get married!!

So, is that one of your 12 off the list??

#3 christenew

christenew
      • 325 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

I got my documents all together today and I am going to send them. I am confused. On Riu's website there is no street address or postal code. You anyone confirm the address they sent theirs to. Thanks!

#4 christenew

christenew
        • 325 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

oh one other thing. Did you send the original notarized documents or photocopies?

#5 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
          • 584 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by christenew
            oh one other thing. Did you send the original notarized documents or photocopies?
            Here is the address:

Club Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
            Mammee Bay
            St. Ann's Bay
            Jamaica W.I.
            Att: Chandlyn Edward

There is no street address. I attempted to send via Priority Worldwide and they said they needed a proper street address so I sent it International Air Parcel - to ensure I got a tracking #.

Also, you have to send the originals. I scanned a copy of the notarized documents into my computer and sent them a copy via email as well as the originals by mail. Just a safety precaution!

#6 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
            • 584 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:11 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by BachataBride

That's a relief!! Above everything else your documents are the MOST important thing to have!! Without them you just can't get married!!

So, is that one of your 12 off the list??
              No...not #12...I didn't even have it on the list. Mainly because I made up the list after I sent the documents..but it is something else to take off my list of stressing me out things

I hope to get 2 things knocked off the list this weekend. I thought I was going to be able to go for my last fitting on Saturday but it turns out she is sending it to be pressed on Monday/Tuesday so I can't pick up until Wednesday...that's only 10 days before I leave...let's hope she hemmed it properly..otherwise the dress fit perfectly!

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:17 PM

Well...its a big thing not to be stressed about!! So YAY!!!
                Question?? Were you instructed to send the originals down prior to you going?? At the RIU Bachata in DR I think I just need to fax copies of all the documents 1 month prior, then take the originals with me. Hmmmm...

#8 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
                • 584 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

I was told that they wanted them beforehand. I think it was in the information email they sent. Honestly, I don't even remember now LOL

#9 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:39 PM

I guess that's something I'll have to check!
                    Well...good luck with your list this weekend! I'm hoping to get some packing done...2 weeks today until we move to Kitchener!!!

#10 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                    • 2,233 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

I have a question for you about your birth certificate did you send the small wallet version or the long version.

Chris
                      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users