Jump to content

Photo

1st Fitting...Estimate...$625 - $775!!!! Yikes!


  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

    Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:31 AM

    Quote:
    haven't started getting mine altered yet- probably something I should think about since the wedding is only a little over a month away...yikes- now i'm scared!
    Not to be a downer....but I would definitely get started on that! I had 2 fittings and then a final one where it was all done and they weren't going to change anything unless absolutely necessary (so 3 total)...and they needed a week in between each fitting to do the work. (may not be the same/as long depending on how busy your seamstress is) Anyway, so for me it was almost a three week process...and your wedding is SO soon! Get on it girl!!! lol! ;-)

    #32 Sarah

    Sarah

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

      Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:53 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by redwards
      Not to be a downer....but I would definitely get started on that! I had 2 fittings and then a final one where it was all done and they weren't going to change anything unless absolutely necessary (so 3 total)...and they needed a week in between each fitting to do the work. (may not be the same/as long depending on how busy your seamstress is) Anyway, so for me it was almost a three week process...and your wedding is SO soon! Get on it girl!!! lol! ;-)
      OK, OK, point taken- lol. I just called and have an appointment for Thursday night. I actually already had my first dress done, now I have my second one to contend with!

      #33 Rachelle E.

      Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

        Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

        Good work! ;-)

        You two dress girls....so complicated....lol!! But that is great that you already got the other dress/alterations out of the way. One less thing to do! Are you starting to get super excited about everything? It's not too far off!!

        #34 Sarah

        Sarah

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

          Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by redwards
          Good work! ;-)

          You two dress girls....so complicated....lol!! But that is great that you already got the other dress/alterations out of the way. One less thing to do! Are you starting to get super excited about everything? It's not too far off!!
          I am! I've been totally stalling on getting this dress done because I can't decide on shoes and I wanted to lose more weight- but, I guess I'm probably not going to do much in one month- lol! Oh well, he loves me as I am now anyway, so I'm just not going to stress about it!
          Yesterday I packed all our miscellaneous OOT bag stuff, programs, menus, fans, 24 chinese lanterns, 8 huge chinese wedding parasols, 95 luminarias and 10 pashminas into one large suitcase- it weighed in at 48lbs- woohoo! I made the 50lb cutoff! Now, I'm of course thinking about other stuff i could bring with me...lol the madness never ends!
          I thought I'd be totally freaking out by now, and I do have moments of panic, but overall I think I'm ok. Just excited!

          #35 Rachelle E.

          Rachelle E.
          • VIP Member
          • 4,116 posts

            Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:07 PM

            Quote:
            Yesterday I packed all our miscellaneous OOT bag stuff, programs, menus, fans, 24 chinese lanterns, 8 huge chinese wedding parasols, 95 luminarias and 10 pashminas into one large suitcase-
            Ok, HOLY COW!!! Lol!! That's some serious packing!


            Quote:
            it weighed in at 48lbs- woohoo! I made the 50lb cutoff!
            You can SO fit another pair of shoes in there! ;-)

            I'm so excited FOR you!! And VERY proud of your early-bird packing! You're so on top of things. Do you find that, in addition to your entire life revolving around the wedding, you have like 50 little stacks of wedding stuff "organized" all over the house?! We totally did...although I bet packing all that stuff helped a lot.

            #36 Sarah

            Sarah

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

              Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:13 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by redwards
              I'm so excited FOR you!! And VERY proud of your early-bird packing! You're so on top of things. Do you find that, in addition to your entire life revolving around the wedding, you have like 50 little stacks of wedding stuff "organized" all over the house?! We totally did...although I bet packing all that stuff helped a lot.
              lol- I HAD to pack this stuff up because I was sick of the 50 piles of wedding stuff all over the house! My dining room table hasn't been a dining room table for the past 6 months! I'm still working on our Pre-welcome letter (to get mailed 2 weeks before the wedding) and the actual welcome letter (to go in the OOT bags), my Spanish words and Phrases handout- printing on vellum and cute striped Mexican-y looking paper. I also have to do the menus for the welcome dinner if we can ever decide on a menu.
              Anyway, now I feel much more organized and able to make it through this last month. I labeled the suitcase with a list on the outside of everything that is in there so I don't feel tempted to give in to my OCD tendencies and count it 10 times a day. Now, time to clean my house. .....must.......pull........self........away...... ..from....the.....computer!

              #37 Rachelle E.

              Rachelle E.
              • VIP Member
              • 4,116 posts

                Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:18 PM

                Lol! ok fine...go clean....although it won't be as much fun as all this.

                Sorry, but it's true. haha!

                Although Jess will likely be glad to have her thread back!
                Sorry Jess...I was feeling chatty there for a minute! :-)

                #38 KAMEYER70

                KAMEYER70
                • Newbie
                • 108 posts

                  Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
                  So, I had my first dress fitting this morning. All I can say is HOLY COW!

                  I apparently picked the most expensive alterations place is the country.

                  The quote came in at $400 - 450 to take in the bodice 3/8" tapered through the hips to 1" and $150-200 for a hem and $75-125 for the bustle.

                  I almost fell over. I told the lady the alterations were more expensive than my dress. She basically encouraged me to go somewhere else for the alterations. She even gave me her cell phone number to call her after consulting with other seamstresses to see which one of the other people I should take the dress to based on what they tell me needs to be done.

                  Just had to vent a little. I was almost in tears on the way to work after my fitting.

                  But, I feel better now and I have a new task on my to do list.......to find a new seamstress!

                  If anyone can share their alterations costs, it would be helpful. Thank you!!
                  I see that you are in San Diego. I am in North County and need to find a seamstress/tailor, too. Please let me know what you come up with.

                  Thanks!
                  K
                  KM
                  Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand
                  10.20.07

                  #39 Jessalyn

                  Jessalyn
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,876 posts

                    Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
                    I am! I've been totally stalling on getting this dress done because I can't decide on shoes and I wanted to lose more weight- but, I guess I'm probably not going to do much in one month- lol! Oh well, he loves me as I am now anyway, so I'm just not going to stress about it!
                    Yesterday I packed all our miscellaneous OOT bag stuff, programs, menus, fans, 24 chinese lanterns, 8 huge chinese wedding parasols, 95 luminarias and 10 pashminas into one large suitcase- it weighed in at 48lbs- woohoo! I made the 50lb cutoff! Now, I'm of course thinking about other stuff i could bring with me...lol the madness never ends!
                    I thought I'd be totally freaking out by now, and I do have moments of panic, but overall I think I'm ok. Just excited!
                    I'm so excited for you!! Woohoo! You're already packing!! You got a lot of stuff in to one suitcase and to be 2 lbs under....you did a great job!! I can't wait to hear all about your wedding and see your pictures!


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KAMEYER70
                    I see that you are in San Diego. I am in North County and need to find a seamstress/tailor, too. Please let me know what you come up with.

                    Thanks!
                    K
                    Hi K ~

                    Where are you from in North County? I live in Carlsbad. I work in Orange County. I actually made an appointment with a lady in Lake Forest next Tuesday. She's a little far away for you, but I'll let you know how it goes in case you ever make up north.
                    My new man....Donovan

                    Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

                    #40 Jessalyn

                    Jessalyn
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,876 posts

                      Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:55 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by redwards
                      Lol! ok fine...go clean....although it won't be as much fun as all this.

                      Sorry, but it's true. haha!

                      Although Jess will likely be glad to have her thread back!
                      Sorry Jess...I was feeling chatty there for a minute! :-)
                      Geez Rachelle.....you are a hijacker! J/K....don't worry...I enjoyed reading all the posts and hearing about Sarah's dress and packing status. Hijack my threads anytime!
                      My new man....Donovan

                      Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users