Problems transferring OOT bag goodies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cancunbride2be

• 153 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

Hi Ladies!
    Does anyone know if there are any complications with traveling to Mexico with the goodies for your OOT bags? I've purchased individual travel size advil packets and after-sun care and my Fi is paranoyed that we aren't going to get through customs with them. Is there any laws prohibiting bringing that sort of stuff?
    Any ladies that have already had their DW...how did you deal with this??

My fi has got me all worried now...please help me calm him (and myself) down.

Happily Married 1/25/08
    Dreams Resort, Cancun

#2 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:29 PM

I really don't think you'll have a problem with that.. but I can't tell you for sure..

#3 Jessalyn

• 1,876 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:44 PM

I think that the worst that would happen would be having to pay import taxes on the items coming through customs.

We're also bringing lots of stuff. I've chosen not to worry about potential import problems yet. I think I'll wait until I get to customs and then play dumb if there is a problem.
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#4 Jessica

• VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

I don't think they should be a problem. I know of a bride who got married in Mexico and also had advil packets and stuff for oot bags and she went through customs fine.

#5 andreslove

• 227 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:47 PM

I wouldn't worry. I had individual sized sun block, margarita mix, etc. and didn't have any problems and no extra taxes.

#6 PaulaV

• VIP Member
            • 2,813 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:24 PM

I was the MOH for a friend in Mexico and I packed a suitcase FULL of goodies for her bridal shower/bachelorette party. I got the green light on my way into Mexico City, which I don't remember at the Cancun airport. I was planning on telling them they were gifts for a party, which was obvious. It should not be an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users