Sign in to follow this  
christenew

TO brides arranging hotel pre departure for guests?

Hey ladies (and gents)

Just wondering if any of you brides are trying to arrange a hotel pre departure out of TO? I am trying to arrange park and fly for guests and I am just wondering if anyone was able to get a group rate? How many people did you have to have for a group rate?

Thanks!

Im not sure what the group rate is but I know there are coupons on the Park n Fly website that we are using. We are also encouraging people to park their cars at FI's family house and we are arranging a limo to come take them to the airport. The limo is way cheaper than parknfly so for us this works out well. There are a lot of airport limo and cab services that have reasonable prices in TO.

My travel agent arranged for a group rate at the Double Tree. I think most of my guest will take a shuttle into TO the night before; and some are flying into TO the day before as well.Did you ask your travel agent about possibly getting a group rate?

That was where I was trying to book but they wont give us a group rate because we have under 10 room. Do you mind me asking how much you are paying? My rate was quoted at $141.

I've heard of people getting rates with hotels (I think the Holiday Inn is one of them) where they can stay one night (either coming or going) at the hotel and park their car there for the entire week. But I'm not sure on the exact details...sorry I couldn't be more help!

All I can say is get your TA on board to help you shop around. There are a ton of hotels in the area...you should be able to find a good price somewhere.

As a side note...if you are departing the airport only one (maybe it's two!) taxi services have the contract to take people from the airport and they charge you $20 more than a regular cab. We always go to the arrivals doors & call our own cab to come there & get us! I know...sneaky, sneaky!! But hey...I'd rather 20 bucks in my pocket instead of theirs!!

For the wedding we are hiring a limo service though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christenew View Post
Hey ladies (and gents)

Just wondering if any of you brides are trying to arrange a hotel pre departure out of TO? I am trying to arrange park and fly for guests and I am just wondering if anyone was able to get a group rate? How many people did you have to have for a group rate?

Thanks!
My guests are booked at courtyard mariott for $99.00 and that includes our parking (for the week). Ours was a bit more $159 as we are gonna be away the second week. My travel agent arranged this for us.
Even with the stay over in Toronto we still need to be at the airport for around 4am. Yikess....that is an early start to the day!!!

As most of our guests flying out of TO will need to stay near the airport the night before we too are looking at hotels. Usually you will get a group rate with 10 rooms. Try the Econolodge Inn at the Airport I think their rate is 114.00 per room plus your guests can park their cars for the week. I spoke to Ceaser at Groups. Mention a destination wedding!! Hope this helps! Good Luck with this - share any good rates you get and I'll do the same!

Cheerscheers.gif

Hey Chicklet & Christenew!!! I just realized we are bride twins (or triplets I guess!!) Although I'm a DR bride! When do you both fly out?

Also, on this topic - everyone might want to look into the Airport Sheraton...it's attached to Terminal 3. It might be a bit pricier, but for those who are starwood members you might get a bit of a deal, plus some of you might be willing to pay for the convenience!! But I'm not sure how parking works there.