• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by miss di
    just thought i'd share our monogram (it's the image in my siggy)...decided to go non-traditional with it, obviously. the monogram is used as a unifying image that you stamp on everything (invites, programs, STDs, etc...) and we thought we'd have fun with it. initially we did have our initials tied into the image and decided to just have our names. the artist also gave us the image without our names so it's less in your face on certain things that we use it for.

just a thought! maybe a little inspiration, maybe not. GOOD LUCK with your monograms, ladies.
    I love it. It's cute and different.

#12 miss di

miss di
    • 246 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by DreamsBride09
      can anyone help me too?
      I have no idea how to make a monogram!!
      did you figure anything out with publisher or any of those programs?

#13 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
      • 929 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

Would someone be willing to send me thier monogram/logo that they made in Word, so that I can manipulate it with the correct names. I would like a pic of something tropical (palm tree, etc) with names & date. I have been on Word all day trying to get the stupid colors right & the writing to line up. I would appreciate any help you guys can give. Also, how do people get there logo/momogram in a circle? I'm usually very computer literate, but don't do much work with clip art & that sort of thing so thanks for all your help!!

#14 SonMgn24

SonMgn24
        • 45 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Miss di Your monogram is very adorable!!! Too cute!!!

#15 miss di

miss di
          • 246 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

thanks sonmgn24! i commissioned a friend to draw it up...but realized that it's probably super easy to do yourself with a little photoshop action and a picture of your own. there's all those crazy tools on photoshop that can make you look animated. could be a neat idea to play around with. we're also going to use this as our return address label with our address wrapping around the oval.

#16 scottgm2

scottgm2
            • 229 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

instruction would be good to have on this. I also have been trying for a while and have not been able to figure it out.

#17 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

There's instructions for how to make a monogram on this thread http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t8310
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#18 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
                • 929 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:56 PM

I actually contacted a fellow BDW member who just recently started doing custom monograms along with several other things & she did an awesome monogram for me for FREE! Her website is Allurements by Rebecca. She does custom monograms for $3.50, although it may be worth emailing her to see if she is still offering the special for a free monogram for BDW members.

#19 Jules

Jules
                  • 169 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:26 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                    There's instructions for how to make a monogram on this thread http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t8310
                    Thanks for this link! Really helped in finishing mine :)

#20 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
                    • 929 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Hey guys, I just wanted to give a quick update. I stated previously in this thread that Rebecca of allurementsbyrebecca.com was generous enough to create a mongram for me free of charge simply b/c I was a BDW member. The monogram turned out fantastic & I used it on serveral things. With the outbreak of the stupid swine flu, our charter to Mexico was canceled forcing us to change the destination of the wedding. I contacted Rebecca & she was once again very generous & offered to change the monogram to reflect the new destination (Maui.) If anyone is looking for a monogram, I would definately recommend that you contact Rebecca through her webiste; she's great at what she does & she has a very fast turnaround time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users