Registered to vote- on line??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:47 PM

i just searched internet to see about registering, i WAS registered at my old address in philly but have since moved so havent registered yet. im using my moms pa address b/c i haven't changed my license to jersey yet. anyway i just registered ON LINE? i think thats kinda scary. or no, is that the way things work now days? it said something like they were going to send me a form via email and id have to mail it out.

has anyone ever registered on line, and can u tell me how this works? i havent gotten anything in my email yet?

HEY did i just hear someone say "procrastinator"??!!

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

Right! Isn't today the last day?!

I think that's valid though, online. I printed a form online and mailed it in, then got my registration card in the mail a few days later.

If you are worried about it though, there are people set up places that register people to vote. Like at 30th street every morning, there are people every few feet registering people. You might be able to find a place like that, that you could go to and do it in person.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

What's the websit eyou used? Was it a government one? Just wondering, cuz that might help to see how valid it is. Also, how long ago did you send it in and they still didn't email you back? Who knows, they might be overwhelmed with other last minute register-ers.

#4 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

Yeah they might have peop's set up since its last day. I'm going to get a # on line and call someone.

#5 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

it was rock the vote. that is what someoen said here, it is prob busy. us pa slackers.

#6 Kelly C

Kelly C
            • 2,051 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

THis is crazy i just got done registering online. I use voteforchange.com. I downloaded the form and they emailed me one right away. It has to be post marked by Wed.
              Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#7 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

what you do online doesn't actually REGISTER you. you are basically just filling out the voter registration application online, which they will then send to you or allow you to download in its completed form. you still need to mail it in, postmarked prior to your state's cut-off date (i was unclear from your post whether it was jersey or pa ... they have different cut-off dates).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users