Photo

FRUSTRATED with music for ceremony!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hmj

hmj
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:35 PM

We are getting married at a Barcelo resort in Mexico and planned on renting their guitar and keyboard for the ceremony. I was thinking...$100 or so. Ah...NO. $600 for 45 mintues! But, Claudia tells me, "We have our own pianist and singers who can sing anything and they are $300." The plan the entire time was to have our friends sing at the wedding. I don't want a stranger singing if I have the opportunity to have friends sing. I am SO MAD. Any advice? I am seriously considering packing a guitar in a hard case (if I only had a guitar and a hard case). That just leaves the issue of the keyboard. I'm just so mad b/c it's SUCH a racket!!! I could BUY a guitar while I'm down there for $600! ARGH! Help!

#2 trophywife

trophywife
    • 169 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:01 AM

Why not just use their piano and your singer?? Ditch the guitar??

#3 jessygrl75

jessygrl75
      • 58 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:55 AM

I am also getting married at the Barcelo in Mexico. I have just been sitting down and planning the details of the wedding and adding up costs and i can't believe what all the extras cost!!! I am also frustrated. i want an outside DJ, because they were cheaper ,then their $500 plus 2 hour DJ, w/out a dance floor. They want to charge $30 per our, PER PLUG, for use of their electricity.

i would see if you can buy a guitar or even rent one locally. I probably would come out cheaper in the long run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users