Jump to content

Photo

Laser Eye Surgery - anyone's experiences?


  • Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#111 Oryx

Oryx
  • Member
  • 727 posts

    Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:16 AM

    I'm so excited -- I booked my Lasik surgery for September 16th!  I can't wait :)

     

    Carly -- are you still healing well?



    #112 boscobel

    boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

      Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

      Yeah, I am perfect!  I don't notice any night vision problems, no excessive dryness (I used eyedrops the first few days, but not in at least 2 weeks).  I do notice that my eyes will tend to feel dry when I'm tired, so sometimes at night they are a little dry, but I think that's normal.

       

      Good luck on the 16th!  Make sure you take aspirin BEFORE your eyes start to hurt!  I ddn't and it was a big mistake!



      #113 Cindy*

      Cindy*
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,655 posts

        Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:41 AM



        Originally Posted by Oryx 

        I'm so excited -- I booked my Lasik surgery for September 16th!  I can't wait :)

         

         


        Yay, congrats Renee.  You will love it.


         

        Originally Posted by carly 

        Yeah, I am perfect! 


        Haha, love it!
         



        #114 want2gosouth

        want2gosouth
        • Jr. Member
        • 155 posts

          Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

          I am getting Lasik done next friday and can't wait to finally be able to play outdoor sports and see what the heck I am doing!



          #115 snow88

          snow88
          • Jr. Member
          • 181 posts

            Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

            I plan on doing this after the wedding.  I was hoping to do it before turning 40 but that won't happen.



            #116 Oryx

            Oryx
            • Member
            • 727 posts

              Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:49 AM


              How did things go?

               

              Originally Posted by want2gosouth 

              I am getting Lasik done next friday and can't wait to finally be able to play outdoor sports and see what the heck I am doing!





              #117 Oryx

              Oryx
              • Member
              • 727 posts

                Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

                Hi ladies,


                I had my LASIK surgery on Thursday and everything went great!  The worst thing about the whole procedure was THINKING about it.  But the surgery went very smoothly, there was no pain, and I had no complications at all.  Right now I have to use drops every couple of hours, but I can see 20/20!!  I am soooooooo excited.  My eyes are still a little sensitive, but that is to be expected.
                Anyways, I wanted give an update for anyone else who is thinking about it.  So far, I'd say it's definitely worth the money.

                 

                P.S. Thanks Cindy for the pre- and post-operative support!  :)



                #118 boscobel

                boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

                  Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:21 AM

                  Glad to hear it went well!  I'm about 2 months out from mine and I have NO regrets and NO side effects!  Best decision ever!



                  #119 mrs*j*2011

                  mrs*j*2011
                  • Banned
                  • 206 posts

                    Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

                    Just chiming in with my 2 cents...I had Lasik 4 years ago and it was the best money I've ever spent!  I was near-sighted in one eye and far-sighted in the other, plus I had an astigmatism and had worn glasses/contacts since I was 4.  So needless to say, I asked my eye doctor every year if I was a candidate

                     

                    I went to LaserVue in Montreal.  They were pheonomenal - the staff was great and the office state-of-the-art.  Within 5 minutes of the procedure being done, I could start to see the clock on the wall and within 4 hours I could see the TV from across the room.  The next morning I was declared 20-15 and sent on my way.

                     

                    The actual procedure itself was an experience.  I was too excited to be freaked out about my eyeballs being sliced and diced.  But afterward, on the way back to the hotel, my poor eyes were burning so bad.  It felt like someone was rubbing sand in them.  And I was sensitive to light, even though they said I wouldn't be.  It lasted about an hour until I finally drifted off to sleep.  I was much better when I woke up.  I had to wear goofy plastic guards over my eyes at night for the next week and "avoid a blow to the head" (uh, yeah I tend to follow that rule of thumb at all times in my life!!)

                     

                    The whole thing cost me (the procedure plus a years worth of follow up visits with my eye doc) what 10 years of contacts and solutions would cost.  So I figure if I have perfect vision for another 6 years, I'll at least have gotten my money's worth!

                     

                    Anyone who is thinking about it.........DO IT!  You totally won't regret it!


                    ~~ Lea ~~
                    January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
                    (honeymooning at Couples Negril)


                    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

                    #120 Cindy*

                    Cindy*
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,655 posts

                      Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

                      Yay, yay, yay!  I am so happy for you.  I can't wait to see you and your new eyes at the meet up on Thursday!

                       

                      Originally Posted by Oryx 

                      Hi ladies,


                      I had my LASIK surgery on Thursday and everything went great!  The worst thing about the whole procedure was THINKING about it.  But the surgery went very smoothly, there was no pain, and I had no complications at all.  Right now I have to use drops every couple of hours, but I can see 20/20!!  I am soooooooo excited.  My eyes are still a little sensitive, but that is to be expected.
                      Anyways, I wanted give an update for anyone else who is thinking about it.  So far, I'd say it's definitely worth the money.

                       

                      P.S. Thanks Cindy for the pre- and post-operative support!  :)








                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users