Photo

Iberostar Tucan

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Heligirl

Heligirl
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:11 PM

I found the hotel map.. Sounds like 10 is a great building and 20 on the other side!!

http://travel.websho....35014968tPGeAG

I am also staying at the Shangri LACaribe after the 7 nights at the Tucan. We have 2 kids and we wanted some time to ourselves after they go home with grandma.

When you are down there can you see how far the pier is from the Tucan and a guess how far the Shangri La is from the Tucan? I just wanted to see how to tell the guests how to get to the pier from the hotel for our wedding in Cozumel.

#22 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:03 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Heligirl
      I found the hotel map.. Sounds like 10 is a great building and 20 on the other side!!

Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal - Thanks Lyndsey pictures from mexico photos on webshots

I am also staying at the Shangri LACaribe after the 7 nights at the Tucan. We have 2 kids and we wanted some time to ourselves after they go home with grandma.

When you are down there can you see how far the pier is from the Tucan and a guess how far the Shangri La is from the Tucan? I just wanted to see how to tell the guests how to get to the pier from the hotel for our wedding in Cozumel.
      I'll try and check those out. Last time we were there, there was a pier located right next to our hotel (Royal Porto Real, now called The Royal). It was right next to downtown Playa. Not sure if there is more than one pier... If that's the one then I believe it is about a 10 min drive from the Tucan. Not sure on that tho...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#23 Heligirl

Heligirl
      • 97 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:16 PM

Perfect thanks!!

#24 laura b

laura b
        • 334 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:57 PM

You can't see the pier from the Tucan. The Tucan is probably about 2 1/2 miles from the pier...you can ride your bikes there or take about a two minute cab ride. Walking is an option, too, but you can't do it along the beach, because there are cliffs between the Tucan and the pier.

#25 Heligirl

Heligirl
          • 97 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:09 AM

Thanks Laura..
            I'm still going crazy trying to decide where to do the wedding.. I did the pro and con list and think the hotel would be best tho not as nice... $2000 cheaper :) I wish I could go see it first!!
            Andrea

#26 TracyK

TracyK
            • 206 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:44 AM

Hi
              I am also getting married at this resort. I have found some pictures of the beach location and the jungle location by doing a search on the Internet. I am in debate on which location to choose. I really wanted to do it on the beach, but the pictures I have seen have men in speedos and those yellow chairs in the background. Not very appealing. Guess I just have to wait until we get there to decide.
              This link shows a couple pictures of the jungle location,
              Ron & Judy's Wedding - January 17, 2001

About the beach, I have read that it is one of the better beaches in Playa. I have also heard that from people who have been there. From what I understand many of the resorts don't even have a beach left.

#27 Heligirl

Heligirl
              • 97 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for posting the pictures!! I am getting married here also- I have finally decided!! I was going to go to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel but thought it would be a pain to ferry and taxi over there.

#28 Heligirl

Heligirl
                • 97 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

Have a great trip Jaime!! I have decided to do the wedding at the hotel! Let me know how it goes!

#29 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Heligirl
                    Have a great trip Jaime!! I have decided to do the wedding at the hotel! Let me know how it goes!
                    Thanks! Congrats on choosing the location!!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#30 laura b

laura b
                    • 334 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:10 PM

My girlfriend got married in the jungle location. It seemed very removed from the rest of the guests, unlike the beach location.

Although, it was hotter than a two-dollar pistol with no breeze.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users