#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:06 PM

Anyone have any info on this?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 Heligirl

Heligirl
    • 97 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

I am getting married there in Sept. I love the hotel- it gets great reviews and has something for everyone. Let me know what you would like to know.

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:50 PM

Oh, cool. I was just wondering how the weddings are there. Our travel agent really recommended it so we're going to check it out in June. Let me know how your wedding goes!

Attached Files

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 Heligirl

Heligirl
        • 97 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:12 AM

I e- mailed a few people from trip advisor and they really loved their wedding. So hopefully it will go well! I wish I could see it before! The coordinator that was there quit after 4 years and her assistant took over- there is one review on how great she was. They are very responsive if you e- mail them.

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:42 PM

Great, thanks for that - glad to hear some good reviews on the place! Can't wait for our trip there... just a little over a month away!!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#6 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

We looked in to this place and would totally stay there if the beaches were a little nicer.

The reviews on tripadvisor have not been that great (as far as the beaches go), so you know if these are accurate?

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

Hmmm, well my TA said one of the reasons she loves this place is specifically for the beautiful beach.

I haven't looked on Trip Adviser in a month or so but last I saw all of the reviews were great.

Just to double check, you are talking about the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal right?

If all else fails, I will let y'all know in about a month!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#8 laura b

laura b
                • 334 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

I've been to this resort a few times.
                  The first time I went was for a girlfriend's wedding, and it was lovely. They had it in the middle of the resort, in a junglelike setting. Then we all had champagne and drinks from a nearby bar, and then went to the dinner in the Mexican restaurant. Afterwards they had the disco rented out, but I didn't make it that far.
                  She loved her wedding but said the photographer at the resort is not all that great.
                  The beach there is great and it's a very beautiful spot. The only thing I don't like about the Iberostar is how touristy and crowded it is. But the FH loves exactly that, so different strokes for different folks, I guess.
                  I do like its proximity to Playa. I especially like going for runs down that road that leads into Playa, and then running back and jumping in the pool. So much fun! Or riding bikes into town for lunch.
                  If you decide to have your wedding here, it will be great.

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the review Laura! Especially about the photographer. That is one thing I want to discuss with them while I'm down there - their policy on outside vendors because (if we have the money) we'd love to fly out one of the ones from these boards.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#10 Heligirl

Heligirl
                    • 97 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:49 PM

I heard the beaches were the best here also.. especially on trip advisor... hmmm worried now that everything is booked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users