37 replies to this topic

#11 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Heligirl
    I heard the beaches were the best here also.. especially on trip advisor... hmmm worried now that everything is booked
    Are you worried because that hotel is booked or because you've already booked at another hotel, and if so where?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#12 Heligirl

Heligirl
    • 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:00 AM

I booked the hotel for 42 guests so far at the Iberostar Tucan- I love the reviews and where it's located, but I'm not so sure about the wedding, It's set back on teh beach by the building and fence and the reception in the disco isn't my thing... I am also throwing around the idea of doing the wedding at Mr Sanchos in Cozumel.. I thought the guests could ferry over and I would rent 2 vans to shuttle them. Might be a pain, but the place is my idea of a perfect beach wedding. Let me know what you think.. www.mrsanchos.com
      thanks
      andrea

#13 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:23 AM

That's so exciting! We leave a week from today for our vacation there!!

Now I'm really interested to see where the wedding set up is... I'd like to keep mine at the resort if possible.

The place you posted looks interesting. They have tequila tours - hmmm, may have to go check that out if we have time!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#14 Heligirl

Heligirl
        • 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:24 PM

Let me know how their wedding set up is... I love the outdoor reception idea like at Mr. Sanchos.. I don't think the Tucan has that but I'm curious how the open air resturaunt is. I would love to do the wedding closer to the water than up on the volleyball court.
          I haven't told the planner that I was thinking of going somewhere else.
          I wish we could go out there and check it all out!!

#15 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:31 PM

I think you should tell her and see what she says!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#16 Heligirl

Heligirl
            • 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:50 PM

I'm scared she will be upset, put all the guests in horrible rooms and tell the waiters to spit in our food :)

When you go can you tell me what buildings would be nice to stay in.. we paid for an ocean front room.. I read on trip advisor people like building 10 alot.

#17 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:55 PM

http://k43.pbase.com....QEP4050066.jpg

There's a map of the room layout, it looks like 10 directly faces the ocean. I will check it out more when I get there. Turns out I've got a sinus infection - hope I get better before then!!!!

Also, I don't think she will do all that if you tell her your concerns. I have heard very good things about their wedding customer service. They want you to be happy, and they don't want to lose money if you choose to have your wedding elsewhere.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#18 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#19 Heligirl

Heligirl
                  • 97 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for the info!! I hope you feel better.. Get a "medi pot" from Vitamin cottage and flush your sinuses out- gross but works! Sometimes you don't need antibiotics to get rid of it.

For some reason I can't open the link you sent me... Did you get it from their web site?

#20 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:12 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Heligirl
                      Thanks for the info!! I hope you feel better.. Get a "medi pot" from Vitamin cottage and flush your sinuses out- gross but works! Sometimes you don't need antibiotics to get rid of it.

For some reason I can't open the link you sent me... Did you get it from their web site?
                      Thanks! Yeah, Martin's mom told me about that sinus flush thing - it gives me the willies! lol I will ask my doc about it tomorrow, because I am really looking for something other than antibiotics to fight this.

As for the map - that's weird, I don't know where it went. It let me post a pic but then it disappeared. It must've been removed or something. Try doing a Google search for "Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal Rooms Map".

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users