Photo

For lost loved ones?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 dancingdolphin

dancingdolphin
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:56 AM

While searching for ceremony raffia fan ideas, I came across this old thread. I thought I would post it here since I thought it was a great idea. Since I lost my mom years ago, I would love to include this poem - just need to do it in a way that doesn't add a sad vibe or worse, makes me cry during the ceremony.

http://bestdestinati...m/forum/t1772-2

#22 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:42 AM

Thanks Laurine,
      I just found that thread!! Isn't it perfect!! I am now attaching this thread to that one!!

#23 jennwo

jennwo
      • 189 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

Does anyone have anyother ideas to subtly memorialize those that have passed? I’m in tears thinking about some of these and I know my dad would completely loose it if he had to sit next to an empty chair with some flowers in it even though I really like that idea.

#24 jennwo

jennwo
        • 189 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

Does anyone have anyother ideas to subtly memorialize those that have passed? I’m in tears thinking about some of these and I know my dad would completely loose it if he had to sit next to an empty chair with some flowers in it even though I really like that idea.

#25 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
          • 687 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

My parents died in a car accident 3 years ago. I know for sure I will have a framed picture on my bouquet. I have ordered a small bouquet of white roses to remember my mom and a conch sea shell for my step dad. I will either place them on a table with a candle and a note/poem or if I am brave enough place them on 2 empty chairs. I don't want to be morbid, but I believe that their loss on this huge day of mine is worth making a statement.
            Photography by Tamm's Photos
            http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#26 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

I loved my memory frame...here is the pic.

Click the image to open in full size.

#27 Amber Hughes

Amber Hughes
              • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

I was at a wedding this past summer that took an interesting twist on remembering lost ones. All the table settings were beautiful teacups, teapots and the like... turns out each item had some kind of connection to each of their lost loved ones. I loved how personal it made each table. :)

#28 Alipires1

Alipires1
                • 298 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

I am doing the memory frame thing as well. I am carrying my grandarents and his grandfathers in a bracelet around the base of my flowers.

My dad left when I was really young, so I always imagined my grandfather walking me down the isle. He passed when I was 17, so I decided I would walk myself down the isle. I love the "In Memory of Dad" poem. I think I may tweek it for my GF. I will probably only share it with my mom,because it will be pretty hard even with him being dead 10 years now.

Thanks! I feel really good about this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users