For lost loved ones?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Is anyone doing anything special to honor loved ones who have passed away?
    My step-father passed away 18mths ago & I would really like to acknowledge him in some way. I don't know then if that would open up a whole new can of worms...do you have to then acknowledge every loved one who we have lost in both of our families...what if we miss one that we are not close to? Any suggestions?? Thanks!

#2 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

I am carrying a small framed picture of my father on my bouquet with me when I walk down the aisle. Christopher will have one of his grandmother on his boutonniere.

Then we will have a small table with a candle burning for my father, his grandmother and other family members that we lost. Thinking about putting a picture of each on the candles.

#3 Michelle

Michelle
      • Banned
      • 302 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

thats a good question ive never really thought about that...but i lost my mom 7 years ago and am now wondering how to involve something about her into the ceremony...hmm..some girls on here have used little picture frames or pendants (not sure what they are called lol) and tie it with ribbon onto your bouquet :)

#4 adias.angel

adias.angel
        • 719 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by shelly
          some girls on here have used little picture frames or pendants (not sure what they are called lol) and tie it with ribbon onto your bouquet :)
          They are called memory frames. You can get them at any craft store.

#5 KatyKo

KatyKo
          • 851 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:58 PM

I love the memory frame idea...and the candles. Such a sweet way to remember those who can't make it (in person) to your celebration.

#6 luvtoteachlaw

luvtoteachlaw
            • 134 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

My fiancee lost his mom to cancer when he was 12. Her loss, even 25 years later, is so upsetting to him. I purchased and antique gold picture locket from England on ebay and had it shipped here. I am going to have our jeweler put a picture of his mom in it and put a fastener on it so I can attach it to his boutineer. That way she will be close to his heart the entire day.

#7 Erica053009

Erica053009
              • 513 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:03 AM

I love the idea of memory frames on the bouquet... I don't want to mention anyone because like you said how do you not mention everyone and then it brings a depressing vibe. If anything I would mention my grandparents the the FIParents would want their parents mentioned then I hurt feelings when I am just expressing my love for lost ones. Below are some pics not the best ones but hioe it helps

http://giftsfrommyhe....6752_270pr.jpg

http://www.inspirati....1_1181918t.jpg

#8 Jenn6603

Jenn6603
                • 118 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

There will be an empty chair in the front row at the ceremony with something of my dad's on it as well as a photo in a locket pinned inside my dress...

I want it to be discreet enough so that it doesn't make it a sad thing.

Jenn

Jenn

#9 montegobay09

montegobay09
                  • 832 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

Such great ideas ladies. I think you can remember them in a positive and happy way which might mellow the crowd a little but not put a damper on things.

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:09 PM

Thank you so much to everyone for their input! I think I will be putting a photo in my bouquet. Like you said, it's something discreet and nobody even has to know its there but me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users