Cancun Wedding Coordinator- Need Advice

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sfbridetobe08

sfbridetobe08
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:26 PM

Hello Ladies,

We have finally decided on Cancun as our location for April/May 08 and are planning a trip down in a month to look at places!! So excited! Anyway, I would like to hire a WC to set up our site visits. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts? I know a lot of places have on-site WCs, but I feel like hiring my own might be a better way to go to plan from a distance. Not sure really where to start or costs involved. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I need to get moving on this soon. We are leaning towards non all-inclusive locations... JW Marriot, etc.

Thanks,
    Amy

#2 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

Hi Amy, I hired a coordinator who's also a florists.. she's charging me $500 for coordinator services, her name is Julieta and her e-mail is floresjulieta@prodigy.net.mx

Tell her I told you about her if you contact her

#3 sfbridetobe08

sfbridetobe08
      • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

Thank you Anny! Any reason in particular you went with her? Nice that she is a florist too!

#4 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
        • 466 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

Thanks Anny -

I just contacted her regarding coordinating a Catholic Wedding in a Chapel/Church in the Cancun area. I made sure to mentioned you told me about her.

Thanks!
          Monika

#5 anaderoux

anaderoux
          • 3,220 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sfbridetobe08
            Thank you Anny! Any reason in particular you went with her? Nice that she is a florist too!
            I wasn't going to hire a WC but my FI really wanted one, I hired her 'cause I think her price is good and she knows many people there.. she has contacts with all kinds of vendors.. I met her in person and she's nice..

plus, she has great prices, she's not the kind of WC that wants to charge you extra for each thing you book through her..

#6 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:31 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Adamsgrrl
              Thanks Anny -

I just contacted her regarding coordinating a Catholic Wedding in a Chapel/Church in the Cancun area. I made sure to mentioned you told me about her.

Thanks!
              Monika
              That's great monika!!!

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:43 PM

i would hold off on hiring a WC until you decide on resorts because alot of resorts in cancun/riviera maya do not work with outside coordinators..

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 sfbridetobe08

sfbridetobe08
              • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by host
                i would hold off on hiring a WC until you decide on resorts because alot of resorts in cancun/riviera maya do not work with outside coordinators..
                Good point. Is it best to schedule the visits on my own with the properties without any help of a wc? I'm just overwhelmed trying to contact all the places myself, but I'm sure they probably have a simple system the do with all inquiries.

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

narrow down the 4-5 resorts that would work for you, and go from there...stay at the resort that is your top choice...you def. have to schedule something with the WC at each resort...if you already have a TA, ask them to help schedule a site visit.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users