Photo

Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mpajkos

mpajkos
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:52 PM

Wow! That was a close one! I really thought Ike was going to but some huge dents into our planning. My reception is on a pier near Mallory Square so if a Cat. 4 came blowing through I'm sure it would be gone!

Well Happy that it missed KW but hope everyone else planning their wedding in the carribean is safe.

#2 luckygirl

luckygirl
    • 339 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

I know! We were thinking the same thing last night. Where is your wedding reception?

#3 mpajkos

mpajkos
      • 359 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

The Ocean Key Resort has a pier called sunset pier on their property and our reception is there. Needless to say if a cat 4 comes crashing through Key West the pier is gone. We're keeping our fingers crossed. Yours is at the Pier House right?

#4 luckygirl

luckygirl
        • 339 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

Oh yeah... I looked at the O.K. pier but at the time I was calculating my guest list I had 25 pp and they said my group was small potatoes..LOL (I'm paraphrasing here). So we are having our wedding and reception at the Hyatt with the ceremony on their Blue Mojito "beach" and the reception in the Marquessa room.

#5 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
          • 459 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:35 AM

We're keeping our fingers crossed that the rest of the hurricane season will be kind to the Middle Keys. All you can do is watch and wait, right?

#6 jeffica

jeffica
            • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

hey Islamorada,

Where (what resort)/when are you getting married?

We're struggling btween June and Oct/Nov 09 and scared of rain!!

#7 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
              • 459 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

I'm getting married at a beach house on May 16, 2009. I'm afraid that both of the date ranges you're looking at are pretty rainy, especially in the afternoons. Late November might be less rainy, but you can also get a cold snap. Can you do it earlier in the spring? That is considered their dry season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users