Photo

Outdoor Reception ?'s

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ~Jamie~

~Jamie~
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

Has anyone ever been to or had an outdoor reception under a tent?
    I'm wondering if I need to go all out and spend the extra money to get the tent liner, pole covers..... or if it would look ok without. We are having our reception on the grounds of a little hotel that all of our guests are staying at. ( we have all the rooms.) It is on the Indian River Lagoon, in Fl. The tent will be a 20x30, with the band and dance floor , and a few tables scattered for sitting. Outside the tent will be our tiki bar, with some high top tables. Tiki torches will define the walk ways from the dining patio to the tent and bar area. So far, with the tent, we have reserved the decor lighting, which is like white Christmas lights that surround the perimeter. We also have tons of white paper lanters to put somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions or input re: lighting, or how to make the tent pretty? I'm just not sure if it will look ok with just the decor lights and the plain tent. Any input would be helpful!
    Thanks!

#2 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
    • Banned
    • 1,051 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

Well you could do some floating lights in your centerpieces, or hang flowers, or colored balls from the ceiling just to tie it all together. I googled it for you and found some ideas, but I can't post the links to most of them for some reason. (Just google wedding reception tent) Good luck :)

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

I think your plan sounds perfect as is.

I just went to wedding here in SC where they used tents and the tents were just plain and it was fine. But I think the white paper lanterns and white lights would be a tremendous addition.

#4 ~Jamie~

~Jamie~
        • 39 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

I'm just a nervous nelly! Wedding is on the 27th of this month, and each day, I freak out about something new. It's just difficult for me not being able to see what it's going to look like in real life before hand. I though having a beach wedding with an outdoor reception would be easier and cheaper, but I was wrong on both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users