~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

OMG I am so sorry for your loss. be strong for you FH, he needs you now maybe more than ever. What a terrible and sad life circumstance

#12 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

So sorry to hear about your loss. My dad and I were not talking when he died, but that is another story. Grief and guilt are tough. Just be supportive and make sure to take care of yourself also...

#13 lscilley

lscilley
    • 1,466 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

Sorry to hear about that. My thoughts are with you and your FI.

#14 samanthag

samanthag
      • 896 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

Thanks so much girls for all of your support! I almost forgot that I had posted this. I guess I was looking for support for myself!
        Thank you!

I just finally sat down in my comfy chair with my laptop & Propel (berry water).
        Last night was the viewing & this morning was the mass & funeral with full military honor. Afterwards we spent time with his family at my FMIL's home.
        It was all very emotional. I'm glad it's over though. Not in a selfish way. I just feel that now is the time for my FI to grieve privately and move forward.
        Actually on the way home I text a few of his friends who met us at our home. They picked him up & took him for a few beers. I figured it would do him good! AND it's giving me time to just breathe!!!!!
        Thanks to all of you for listening!

#15 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

Well sounds like you have the right attitude with moving forward in your lives. Your FH is very lucky to have you by his side. Continue to stay strong!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users