#21 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

I have all my parents pictures and their rings because neither of them wanted any of it. My mom kept her dress for a long time but she finally sold it when I told her I would never wear it. When I started planning this wedding, my mom actually told me she was a little dissapointed I couldn't wear her dress, she is crazy she had a hippie dress from the 70's
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#22 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:51 AM

Christine, I'm a little disappointed you didn't keep your Mom's dress as well, would have been a great photo of you in it to share with us.. :-)

#23 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:01 PM

I will scan some pics of my parents yellow and brown 1977 wedding, my dad wore a brown tux and my mom's bridesmaids had bright yellow dresses that remind me of daffodils, hence why my mother has nothing to do with colors for my wedding.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#24 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:01 PM

My mom's dress was a knee-length, simple dress - I probably could have worn it! But since my parents are divorced, not sure that it's quite the memory I'd hoped!

#25 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:04 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TAMMYM
        Christine, I'm a little disappointed you didn't keep your Mom's dress as well, would have been a great photo of you in it to share with us.. :-)
        Tammy do you have pics of your first wedding? If so, you know we will make you post them :)

#26 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:08 PM

yes my parents are divorced so I think anything related to their wedding could be bad luck, that is why even though they told me to melt down the gold and use the diamonds from their rings I can't do it for my e-ring because I feel like that might be bad luck.

#27 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:32 PM

Janet, I'm trying to see if I can have my ex-MIL or ex-husband scan one in for me. I gave them all the wedding pictures.

#28 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:35 PM

lol - have they asked you WHY you want this?

random question. was your divorce a "friendly" divorce? seems like it must have been, but thought i'd ask. mine definitely was - we're still friends!

i know sarah's wasn't - and understandably so!

#29 Fotini

Fotini
            • 131 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

Ok so kind of off topic, I have pics from my FSIL last wedding that my fiancee & I went to in the Bahamas, which they are no longer together. And we have some great pics of us.. and of course we have wedding day pics. I want to be sensitive to her current relationship but, we have some really pretty pics of that week!

Now my question is, should i delete all those pics. Even the ones with us in them. I mean i moved them from the MY PIctures folder on my computer, so when the screen saver goes on they dont show up!

what are your thoughts?

#30 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:44 PM

I obviously don't konw the details of your FSIL's relationship, current or past, but I have no problem with "old" photos of my first marriage. It was a happy time, I don't regret it, and I hope that people aren't afraid to look back to that time and remember the good parts. I don't want to pretend like it didn't happen - ya know?

But I do think I might be in the minority. I don't know how many divorced girls want to see pics of their ex and all that. It's a good question. Are you comfortable asking your FSIL how she feels?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users