Photo

Any Grand Palladium brides?

• Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#671 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

We are getting married at 1:30, which causes some slight anxiety because we did decide on the private reception, which is 7-11...  I was thinking of doing a cocktail hour/party before hand, but I don't know if I really want to pay extra for that with everything else.  Were the prices for the appetizers reasonable, Stephy? 

We have decided to bring our own music.  We will set up our play lists for dinner and then reception (dancing)....

I have confirmed everything (time wise) with Rocio since Adriana left, and a few other decisions we had made, so we are okay with all of that.  I will be sure to bring everything with me as well, thank you for that tip!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#672 Beth O

Beth O
    • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

Its $15 pp for cocktails and drinks but only $5 pp for cocktails only. We are doing wedding 4:30 dinner 630-830 then cocktails afterwards at the salt water pool 830-1030.. There will only be apx 20 people so did not decide to go with private reception.. But can have music at the cocktail party.. 

#673 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
      • 1,541 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

Thank you Beth!  When are you getting married?

#674 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
        • 1,541 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:15 AM

For those having a private dinner, how are you ladies doing your tables?  Are you doing it with the standard setup, 10 at the "head table" and 7 at the other tables?  I don't really want to do it this way because I want to mix everyone in...so I'm thinking of eliminating the "head table."

#675 StephyD

StephyD
          • 342 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

We are having a private reception at La Laguna and here is our setup:

We are having a rectangular head table of 6 people: my fiance and I, my parents and his parents.  Our guests are sitting at 8-people round tables.  We are having 2 tables for our bridal party: 1 for the guys and their girlfriends/wifes and 1 for the girls and their boyfriends/husbands which will be the first tables in front of ours.  We have 9 round tables total.

Where are you having your dinner?

#676 jamaicawasgreat

jamaicawasgreat
            • Banned
            • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

just got back from riu. great hospitality

#677 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
              • 1,541 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

We are having ours at the Gran Azul. 

See we only have 25 people going, so a table of 10 and then a table of 7 and a table of 8 would work....  I just don't know if I want to be that separated...  I wish we could just have one long table...

#678 Beth O

Beth O
                • 34 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

Its actually my son getting married. I just planned everything. June 9th at 4:30

#679 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                  • 1,541 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:25 AM

Oh, okay!  That's very exciting for your son then!  It will be a great time for everyone!

#680 StephyD

StephyD
                    • 342 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

Can't you have a U-shaped set-up with rectangular tables?  I've seen it before in pictures from past brides... That way, everyone is still together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users