Photo

Any Grand Palladium brides?

• Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#31 mexicobride2009

mexicobride2009
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:53 PM

I'm not sure where we are going to do the cocktail hour. I was thinking in one of the bars but outside would be nice too! I'm liking the idea of doing the first dances at the cocktail hour so the professional photographer can capture it :)

#32 mexicobride2009

mexicobride2009
    • 164 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

So I just found out from the wedding coordinator that you need a minimum of 25 people for the cocktail hour so that might be out for us...

#33 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
      • 156 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:33 PM

That sucks that you might not get to do the cocktail hour ... what about some sort of excursion with guests, like a boat ride or something??

Also, you should ask Rocio to let you know if they get a cancellation for the 4pm wedding time slot. You might get lucky if something happens to whoever has it booked now decides to cancel.
        Jennifer & David
        January 22, 2009
        Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#34 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
        • 170 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

Wow- she has never mentioned the 25 person requirement to me at all! I'm hoping we get that many! If you don't have 25 people, and you really want to have a cocktail hour, you could see if she would be ok with you paying for 20 people for the cocktail hour, and then just having however many you have show up. Jennifer has a good idea though- you could do a group excursion- there are companies that do 'booze cruises' around that you might be able to hire for a floating cocktail hour! Good luck!

#35 mexicobride2009

mexicobride2009
          • 164 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:15 AM

Yeah, I only found out about the 25 people minimum because I asked. We will figure something else out. I thought about some outside excursion but I'm not sure about doing that in my dress. We may end up just getting everyone to meet in one of the lobby bars for drinks! Thanks for the tip Jen! I'm going to email Rocio now and let her know I'd like a later ceremony if anything becomes available!

#36 Ashleykmorgan

Ashleykmorgan
            • 98 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

Have you seen the wedding gazebo? When I was there they showed me one which was near the snack bar.. facing the ocean but i know there is another one, more near grass and trees...
              Ashley...The bride that cannot make decisions!

#37 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
              • 170 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

Ashley- if you look in Sol and Matt's wedding slideshow that is sticky posted, the GP is one of the options. There is one bride there that was married at the garden gazebo. Its more of a garden setting, and I'm probably going for the ocean gazebo, but it looks like a gorgeous location for a wedding!

#38 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
                • 170 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:34 PM

Found it- here you go!
                  Sol Tamargo Photography Wedding Photojournalism

#39 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
                  • 170 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:29 AM

mexicobride- I was wondering if you have a phone number for Tamm's photos? I went to the site you posted and I LOVE their work! It would be a plus that since she'd have already done your wedding, she'd know the resort a little better. I emailed a few days ago, and I know they may be busy with weddings, but if you have a phone number I'd like to contact them with a follow-up. Thanks in advance!

#40 mexicobride2009

mexicobride2009
                    • 164 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

coppergoddess - I actually don't have a phone number for Tamm's Photos. I've dealt with them only through email. Their email is tammsphotos@yahoo.com. She's been really quick with getting back to me. Maybe try emailing her again at that email address (instead of filling out the form on the site). I love her work too!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users