Sign in to follow this  
hayley

Cabo Vendor referrals please!

Hi,

Im just starting to plan my wedding and Im interested in the Dreams hotel. I've heard that they have a great staff, but Im still reluctant to use the hair/makeup and the photographer. Does anyone have any referrals for outside vendors for those two? What about a wedding coordinator?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
Hi,

Im just starting to plan my wedding and Im interested in the Dreams hotel. I've heard that they have a great staff, but Im still reluctant to use the hair/makeup and the photographer. Does anyone have any referrals for outside vendors for those two? What about a wedding coordinator?

Thanks!
congrats! :)

my wedding coordinator (katie thompson from weddings in paradise -- Weddings in Paradise) recommended gilda badillo for photography. i looked at her website, loved her work, and booked her! (Gilda Badillo - Home)

happy planning! the girls on BDW will definitely help you find vendors!

I am bringing my own photographer and just using the hotel WC, But I am using Suzanne Morel for hair and make up. I have heard great things about her.

I agree with Sassy bride... I used Suzanne Moral and Juan Carlos... loved them both! I don't have my pics yet, but he is great to work with:) Good luck to you!

Suzanne Moral Hair and Make-up (A+)

weddings@suzannemorel.com

I had my hair and make-up trial on Friday, one day prior to the wedding. I took a taxi from Dreams to the salon and was greeted by Suzanne Moral herself. She was charming. The salon was very nice. The girls who worked with me were Paola, an interpreter and coordinator and Adriana a stylist. I did not have pictures, since I didnâ€t want to have my heart set on a specific hairstyle. I have very thick, long, curly hair, and it was over 100 degrees on the day of our wedding. I wanted to see what they could do with my hair. I tried 2 styles, one half down and the other up. They were very patient with me & would have tried anything I asked. My trail took over 4 hours and I never felt rushed. They encouraged me to take photos and see how the hair and make-up looked on camera. After the hair trails I decided, based on the heat and humidity to go with my hair up. The make-up was great as well! The MAC products lasted in heat, humidity, and rain! I had a little difficulty at the trail with the eye make-up, I explained that I didnâ€t want too much and they did a great job on the day of my wedding. I got so many compliments; I looked like me, just better! I have had strangers stop me all week while we were at Dreams to ask if I was the bride & to complement me. This salon was well worth the money, just know they include a 15% gratuity, I didnâ€t realize that and tipped even more.

Tip for future brides: Bring a lipstick & liner you love to blend with the products they use. This makes touch-up during the big day easier. They have a MAC store in Cabo if you want to wait and see what they use.

If you have your trial the day before you can wear it to your rehearsal dinner/ cruise. They did a cute little ponytail up-do for me to wear on the cruise that night after my trial. I wore some of make-up to see how it lasted. I looked great for our cruise and I got used to the make-up as well.

COST= $ 431.25

TIP= $100.00

hayley please use the search and go through the cabo forum for vendor recommendations. i am going to close this thread to further replies.