Help! RSVP Postcards

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SoontobeMsKniss

• 715 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

I want to create my own RSVP postcards using cardstock. I have searched and searched and can not find what I am looking for. What I want is to know what are the requirements (sizing and weight) so I can use postcard stamps. Also, does anyone know of a template that I can use for the front and back of the cards? I am at a total loss and ready to pull my hair out!!!

#2 SoontobeMsKniss

• 715 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

Oh, and I would like to use either Word or Publisher to create the postcards.

#3 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

Postcard Standards:
        Minimum Allowable Postcard Size: 3.5 x 5 Inches
        If the width is less than 5 inches or the height is less than 3.5 inches the USPS will NOT mail your postcard.
        Maximum Allowable Postcard Size: 4.25 x 6 Inches
        If the width is greater than 6 inches or the height is greater than 4.25 inches, the postcard must be mailed as a letter, higher rate and all.
        Minimum Thickness: .007 Inches
        Any mail less than the minimum is considered Non-Mailable and the USPS will NOT deliver it.
        Maximum Thickness: .25 inches
        Exceeding the maximum puts the mail piece into a different mail class, called a Parcel.
        Intermediate Sizes are Allowable
        A 4 x 5.5 inch postcard is mailable at the postcard rate. As long as a mail piece meets the size, thickness, weight and aspect ratio requirements above, it can be mailed as a postcard.
        Minimum Thickness: .007 Inches
        Maximum Thickness: .25 inches
        Space reserved for USPS Barcode and Endorsements

Aspect Ratios
        Aspect Ratio Rule: a 1st Class mail piece (letter or postcard) must have an aspect ratio that falls between 1 to 1.3 and 1 to 2.5 inclusive.
        Definition of Aspect Ratio: The length (width) of a piece divided by the height of the piece.
        A letter with the dimensions of 4x6 has an aspect ratio of 1 to 1.5 which falls into the allowable aspect ratio range.
        Height = 1 Width = 1.5 ( 6 / 4 )

#4 brittmcfarlin

• 164 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for sharing, that is GREAT info!  Would be horrible to go through all the work for them to not be shipped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users