Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#2751 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Congrats Julie! your idea sounds great too - thx for sharing your excellent advice :) Would love to see some pics of your wedding "moments that matter" celebrations! wishing you lots of good times on your continued journey......Enjoy :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#2752 melanieroy

melanieroy
    • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for the review Julie. I will be getting married there in April and you answered all my questions. I can't wait to see your pictures!

#2753 Ashley 11 10 12

Ashley 11 10 12
      • 24 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

We leave three weeks from Thursday! We're so excited.. I can't believe the time has already come to start packing.  We're doing a bonfire on the beach but didn't want to serve food so Jackie quoted us $18 per person plus 15% tax for booze only. 

I was wondering.. I'm looking to have everyone meet one night at a bar for drinks.  What bar would you ladies reccomend? 

#2754 Lovesnick

Lovesnick
        • 19 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Ashley

You leave so soon! That is very exciting!!!

I was thinking of doing booze only as well for the bonfire, since it will be at 8pm, people will have just finished dinner (a meal that is included in their package!), so why pay to serve them food an hour later that they probably won't want to eat? Jacki quoted me $20 per person, but I am getting married next April so I am assuming prices increase for 2013...?

As for a bar to meet, I can't think of any that I have been to personally, but I work with a girl who went to this place called El Alux. It is in a cenote/cave and she said it was super cool. It's definitely a unique experience, I am thinking I might check it out when I am in Playa del Carmen!!!

http://www.aluxresta...del-carmen.html

#2755 ChelseyB

ChelseyB
          • 37 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

thanks for the info about doing just drinks at the bonfire versus food also. that is a great idea.  i'll have to remmber that for my May wedding for sure

#2756 LindsayR

LindsayR
            • 173 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

Does anyone know if it is required to have more than 40 people to have the buffet or do they just recommend it? I really do not want to have a sit down meal. I feel like it will take up most of the reception?

Also, did anyone hear that DPA will now have A "Dolphin Dreams" onsite starting in November! It will be a onsite dolphinarium so you can swim with dolphins right there in the resort!

#2757 Julie Carson

Julie Carson
              • 31 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

I did a buffet for my 32 person wedding in August and it went well! So many brides talked about having so little reception time and I wanted time to dance. So we had a buffet and paid to extend if an hour as well. It was great. When you have a smaller than 40 they have you just pick a smaller amount of buffet items to have out. It was really good food! 

#2758 LindsayR

LindsayR
                • 173 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Thanks, Julie! Its good to know what you did that! I had said something to Jacki, but she said she didn't recommend having one under 40 people? I'm not sure why it would be any different though! Thanks so much!

#2759 Ashley 11 10 12

Ashley 11 10 12
                  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

My wedding is in 2 weeks and we are also doing a buffet option - Jackie never mentioned a 40 people minimum.  Also I took out my cocktail hour.. everyone can go to a bar on their own and in return Jackie is giving me an extra hour for our reception at no charge.  I'll let you know how it works out :)

#2760 Ashley 11 10 12

Ashley 11 10 12
                    • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

My wedding is in 2 weeks and we are also doing a buffet option - Jackie never mentioned a 40 people minimum.  Also I took out my cocktail hour.. I figured everyone can go to a bar on their own and in return Jackie is giving me an extra hour for our reception at no charge.  I'll let you know how it works out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users