Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#2721 ChelseyB

• 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

once I have a wedding date reserved, does Jackie start the process of the planning, or am i suppose to just jump in and start asking her questions and such?

#2722 annienicholls

• Site Supporter
    • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

She has been great about answering any questions that i have...She sent me the flowers list, spa list, buffet lists stuff like that.  Did she send you the 6 month checklist?  You really cant plan anything with her until it gets closer but she will answer any questions so that you can be ready on your end when it comes time.  Have you figured out a photographer? or hair and make up?

#2723 shany777

• 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

So i'm looking at doing a vow renewal at DPR because my fiance and I are going to do the legal stuff at home so we don't really need a full out wedding and there will be at most about 15 people. And I found that 1050 for the classis package is a bit much considering the food is already part of the all inclusive. My fiance is not romantic either, he has a rough exterior but is a softie on the inside but prefers not to really show it, so I also don't want to go all out. I mainly want to say the vows infront of family and wear a pretty dress and get pictures done. Then everyone eat together the one night.
        Anyone have any thoughts to this idea?

#2724 ChelseyB

• 37 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

Jacki emailed with tons of great information today.  so many great options.  has anyone signed up for the bonfire evening on the beach?  jacki says she recommends it, but i was reading other reviews saying that having the wedding and reception on the beach is the way to go, so that means i would be doing all beach things.  there is also a cocktail hour you can book at teh barrcuda bar which sounds fun.  anyone do any of these options?

#2725 zahpeck

• 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

I took a bus to Playa to get to Sac-Nah, but you could also take a taxi to get right there. Here are some pictures taken by the resort photographer.  I think they turned out pretty good, my hair and makeup were done at the resort as well.

#2726 zahpeck

• 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

More pictures

#2727 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
              • Vendor
              • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hello Dreams Puerto Aventuras Ladies,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!

I know that the planning process can be stressful and that the hotel actually start all conversation a couple of months prior to the big day. So in the meantime, here are a few pictures to help you visualize your day:

Denise and Christofer are one of our favorite couples and they wanted a wedding with a tropical feeling. Their ceremony was at the Gazebo, cocktails at The Barracuda Bar (while we sneaked out for their sunset portraits) and then dinner at the Oceana Seafood Restaurant:

You can view the entire slide show HERE or check out other DPA Weddings by del Sol:

Genevieve + Enric - Photos by del Sol Associate
                Andrea + Chris - Photos by del Sol Associate
                Steve + Erin - Photos by del Sol Associate

Happy Planning!!!!

#2728 ChelseyB

• 37 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

ZahPeck, thanks so much for sharing your pictures.  it looks amazing. where did you have your reception?

#2729 zahpeck

• 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

We had our reception at El Patio, we loved it there because of the backdrop, but it was hot (no air).

#2730 ChelseyB

• 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

so if you did it again, would you have your reception on the beach then? instead of the patio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users