Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1271 Rainfall

Rainfall
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hi,

Im just catching up on this thread and wow, leave for a few week and miss so much!

Does anyone know what time the sun sets? I originally had my wedding time booked for 3, reading somewhere that the sun sets around 5-6. Am I on crack?

I would much rather have my ceremony at 5 instead but i want my pictures to be in the sun! :)

Thanks a million!

#1272 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
    • 266 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

Found this for you. Hope it helps.

Sunrise and Sunset for Mexico – Quintana Roo – CancÂșn – coming days

Just change the date to your month.

#1273 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
      • 266 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

Gina,

Did you have to book a room for Sascha or did he just come on a day pass? I was told I had to book a room and thats an extra 300 dollars for the photographer. Just curious as to what other brides did. Thanks.

#1274 Rainfall

Rainfall
        • 165 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

Thanks mwcfarms!

Speaking of OOT Bags, Us Calgarian Gals ( and area) should really thinking about buying bulk items to save money for our bags!

PM me if your interested!

#1275 Rainfall

Rainfall
          • 165 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mwcfarms
            Gina,

Did you have to book a room for Sascha or did he just come on a day pass? I was told I had to book a room and thats an extra 300 dollars for the photographer. Just curious as to what other brides did. Thanks.
            mwcfarms: I had to book a room for Sascha, and his assistance -- will be costing me 450 USD.

#1276 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
            • 266 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Rainfall
              Thanks mwcfarms!

Speaking of OOT Bags, Us Calgarian Gals ( and area) should really thinking about buying bulk items to save money for our bags!

PM me if your interested!

Not right in calgary but about 1.30 out in Drumheller area and would love to buy BULK. you can email me for sure about that.

#1277 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
              • 266 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

Wow I just got off the phone from Dreams itself and got quoted 330 US for a single occupancy. Did he give you a discount or anything.

#1278 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
                • 2,754 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mwcfarms
                  Gina,

Quote:
                  mwcfarms: I had to book a room for Sascha, and his assistance -- will be costing me 450 USD.
                  I got lucky and was probably like THE last bride to get away with day passes for outside photographers. They are VERY strict now about having outside photographers stay at least one night at the resort.

#1279 2010wedding

2010wedding
                  • 203 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

Quote:
                    Hi,

Im just catching up on this thread and wow, leave for a few week and miss so much!

Does anyone know what time the sun sets? I originally had my wedding time booked for 3, reading somewhere that the sun sets around 5-6. Am I on crack?

I would much rather have my ceremony at 5 instead but i want my pictures to be in the sun! :)

Thanks a million!
                    I am having my ceremony at 5 and having pics ahead of time. My pal here in calgary is a pho-tog and said the afternoon sun around 4 is a beautiful time to have pics....I wanted a dusk wedding so had to have our pics before.
                    Janna

#1280 echo2_62

echo2_62
                    • 1,049 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

Okay so I just found a potential loophole that may help some of you on the photography aspect. I'm still waiting to get email confirmation (yes, the email is sent!) but Sandra sounded quite confident in her reply.

IF you choose to make use of the resort photographer (ie. he's still getting the benefits of your wedding), but still wish to bring in your own photographer, then you would only be required to purchase a day pass for your photographer(s) and would not be required to pay for overnight accommodations.

That being said, there are still a few details that would have to be clarified based on your specific situation. We're currently planning just to go with the basic wedding package where the photographer is not included so in my mind, the cost of a room for the night for our own photographers vs. the cost of the smallest package with the resort photographer is relatively close and at least I'm getting a few extra pictures out of the deal too. For those of you that already have the photographer in your wedding package I'm not sure if this would work quite the same, plus I know some of you were going to substitute the photographer for other items in your wedding, but it might be worth asking!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users