Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1131 Rainfall

Rainfall
  • Jr. Member
  • 165 posts

    Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by echo2_62
    Hey Jenna! Although we haven't done any bookings yet, I have also found that WestJet has shown considerable savings for some of their vacations! P.S. I LOVE westjet! I currently have a request in through their groups department to find out what group rate I can get, so when they get back to me I will for sure post and let you know! The only drawback so far - they told me it can take anywhere from 72hrs to a week for someone to get back to me (www.westjetvacations.com). I'd been working with one travel agent but sadly the prices that she was coming back with were continually higher than others I'd been seeing - and by a couple hundred dollars or more sometimes! When are you thinking of getting married? You should check out the westjet vacations site because they've got some good prices listed right now!

    As for why I chose DPA instead of the other dreams resorts, it honestly had to do a lot with location. My FH and I were at another resort just a couple minutes north of Playa del Carmen last year and we really liked the area so when it came time to looking at resorts, that was where we started. Neither of us wanted to be up near Cancun and Tulum was a bit far south. So the DPA was a happy medium!

    Hi! Im from Alberta and I booked my flight leaving Calgary into Cancun with a layover of 1 hour in Huston for 350 CAD Each Person! I don't know what sort of quotes WJ is giving but this is killer deal! I booked through Continental Airlines so they may still have those prices left? My entire wedding booked though CA. Good Luck!

    #1132 echo2_62

    echo2_62
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,049 posts

      Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Rainfall
      Hi! Im from Alberta and I booked my flight leaving Calgary into Cancun with a layover of 1 hour in Huston for 350 CAD Each Person! I don't know what sort of quotes WJ is giving but this is killer deal! I booked through Continental Airlines so they may still have those prices left? My entire wedding booked though CA. Good Luck!

      Was that cost for a return flight?? If so, holy crap that's a good deal! Honestly I hadn't checked with Continental for pricing. Did you get group pricing at the resort as well then, and if you don't mind me asking what was the ballpark cost for each person then?? The prices I'm getting from WJ are for an all-inclusive package so having a total cost would be easier to compare.

      Has anyone else found that booking the flights separate from the resort package ended up being cheaper than booking it all together??

      #1133 2010wedding

      2010wedding
      • Jr. Member
      • 203 posts

        Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Rainfall
        Hi! Im from Alberta and I booked my flight leaving Calgary into Cancun with a layover of 1 hour in Huston for 350 CAD Each Person! I don't know what sort of quotes WJ is giving but this is killer deal! I booked through Continental Airlines so they may still have those prices left? My entire wedding booked though CA. Good Luck!

        I too am from AB and that is a outstanding deal!! Wow. I just sent that info to my TA.

        Janna

        #1134 Jenna20

        Jenna20
        • Jr. Member
        • 314 posts

          Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:43 PM

          Wow...that is wicked pricing! I have noticed that if you go through a U.S carrier there does seem to be a lot more options as far as flexibility goes...def decreases travel time. I never thought to price it out that way. Air Canada is just ridiculous...everything goes through Toronto, makes no sense. So west-jet seemed to be the most viable option. I'm going to wait to find out what the pricing is fr WJ and go from there...but def going to keep this in mind!!

          Echo I went dress shopping for the first time about a week and a half ago. Started at Ethos, I found the same thing. I would like one thing about one dress and dislike a big feature on it...then move on to another dress that "seemed" nice, but some of the details just were'nt right. What places did you check out? My next stop will be Cameo and Cufflinks, I hear they have a great selection. I'll keep you posted about WJ!

          #1135 2010wedding

          2010wedding
          • Jr. Member
          • 203 posts

            Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:50 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jenna20
            Wow...that is wicked pricing! I have noticed that if you go through a U.S carrier there does seem to be a lot more options as far as flexibility goes...def decreases travel time. I never thought to price it out that way. Air Canada is just ridiculous...everything goes through Toronto, makes no sense. So west-jet seemed to be the most viable option. I'm going to wait to find out what the pricing is fr WJ and go from there...but def going to keep this in mind!!

            Echo I went dress shopping for the first time about a week and a half ago. Started at Ethos, I found the same thing. I would like one thing about one dress and dislike a big feature on it...then move on to another dress that "seemed" nice, but some of the details just were'nt right. What places did you check out? My next stop will be Cameo and Cufflinks, I hear they have a great selection. I'll keep you posted about WJ!
            AB gals, I got my dress at S2 brides on 11th ave SW and they were awesome!! Thanks for the tips on pricing.

            Janna

            #1136 Rainfall

            Rainfall
            • Jr. Member
            • 165 posts

              Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

              Yes it is a return flight.. My TA is in florida and Im in Calgary, saw reviews on the internet about the TA and went for it. Although sometimes I wish I had went with a Canadian TA, but im booked so no looking back.
              Since she is in US, and I am CAD, she told me to book my flight through CA and talked me out of a Charter flight ( Which WJ is but I don't count them) I've only looked at prices for WJ and the cheapest I've seen is 550 Return, and DON"T EVEN bother with AC. The prices are really low on the website right now so my guest who are staying 7 days are paying about 1100 USD and 350 for flight. The US dollar is also AWESOME so I opened up a US bank account where I just transfer funds into when I have the funds to take out later... so all in all, for 7 days ( for the cheapest room) we end up paying about 1800CAD. I don't have a group rate since I wasn't sure who all was going and didn't want to pay for the deposits or extra room.. I think it's all coming together now but it's still 5 months away..

              Let me know if you have any more questions!

              I got my dress from Alfred Younge.. its sooo beautiful! All I have to say is you will know the one when you have it on :) Good Luck!

              #1137 echo2_62

              echo2_62
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,049 posts

                Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:14 AM

                So for everyone waiting on WJ for travel info... I just followed up on my group request and they apologized for the long wait and said it's been very busy hence the longer turnaround period. They've apparently just added another handful of agents to the group to try and get things through a little faster. I've been waiting about ten days and was told to give it until the end of this week still.

                As for the dress -- I was at Ethos this weekend so Jenna it sounds like you and I had very similar experiences there! The staff was friendly but even though I said it was my first day out they still seemed on the edge of too eager for me to pick a dress right then. The other store I went to was Ever After (16th ave & 2nd St NW) which had a couple nice dresses but was fairly small so not a ton of selection. I think my next stops will be Beautiful Bride down near Chinook or The Bridal Centre in the south. I don't know if I've heard of Cameo and Cufflinks but I'll add them to my list! Let me know what you think of it!! Thanks for the other recommendations for dress shops here too! I'll try them all if I have to!

                #1138 Kim08

                Kim08
                • Newbie
                • 42 posts

                  Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

                  To the Dreams PA brides that have already been married. Did you do the legal marriage before or after. I was looking in another thread and they were saying something about having to make it legal before? Can anyone clear this up for me? I want to do our legal ceremony after.

                  #1139 Ginalyn

                  Ginalyn
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,754 posts

                    Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:01 AM

                    Kim - We had a legal ceremony approximately 2 weeks before our destination wedding. We had a small ceremony, just DH and I, his parents (mine couldn't come), and his brother. The ceremony was held at the office of the Justice of the Peace. Nothing fancy.

                    The reason we did the legal wedding in the United States was because we didn't want to go through all the legal stuff in Mexico...blood tests, translation of birth certificates, etc. I heard from the DPA bride who got legally married at DPA in April and still hasn't received their marriage certificate (it's August!).

                    I don't see any harm with doing the legal ceremony after, either.

                    If you are worried about which wedding is the "real" one, don't worry! Trust me the destination wedding was by far the ceremony that meant the most to us. There is just so much more emotion in it when you are surrounded by those who you love and love you back

                    #1140 Kim08

                    Kim08
                    • Newbie
                    • 42 posts

                      Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:09 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by GinalynL
                      Kim - We had a legal ceremony approximately 2 weeks before our destination wedding. We had a small ceremony, just DH and I, his parents (mine couldn't come), and his brother. The ceremony was held at the office of the Justice of the Peace. Nothing fancy.

                      The reason we did the legal wedding in the United States was because we didn't want to go through all the legal stuff in Mexico...blood tests, translation of birth certificates, etc. I heard from the DPA bride who got legally married at DPA in April and still hasn't received their marriage certificate (it's August!).

                      I don't see any harm with doing the legal ceremony after, either.

                      If you are worried about which wedding is the "real" one, don't worry! Trust me the destination wedding was by far the ceremony that meant the most to us. There is just so much more emotion in it when you are surrounded by those who you love and love you back
                      GinalynL: Oh ok but you didn't need to show them anything that you where already married? I am on the fence. I don't know if I want to do it before or after. Yeah I don't want to go through the legal stuff either in Mexico. Did you change your name before you went to Mexico?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users