Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!
Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:15 PM
Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:32 AM
Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:51 AM
Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:59 PM
| Originally Posted by aug0208 |
I have to apologize as I have been missing....busy with work and helping others plan their weddings, that I've neglected my own!!
Since I am less than 5 months out, I'm getting back in the swing of things....
so I have a few questions...
1. Has anyone had their make-up done by the spa? Results? Do they do trials? Does it cost extra? My good friend (also my stylist) will be at the wedding so is doing my hair, my mom, soon to be mother in law and girls' standing up so I think we have the hair thing covered, but we all might want to get make-up done. At least I do!! Is this part of the package? Anyone remember? I feel like hair and make-up was...I'm wondering if so, if I could swap the hair for a make-up trial. If it even is part of the package.
2. Anyone do welcome bags? Are they accomodating with keeping the bags at the front desk and giving them to guests as they arrive?
3. Any feedback on DJs? We have 54 people booked so far so we need a DJ for sure!!
Hi aug0208, to answer your questions:
1. Hair and makeup for the bride is part of the Ultimate wedding package, I'm not sure about the other packages. We had 2 ladies do hair and makeup for myself, my mom, and MOH. You have nothing to worry about, they did an amazing job. I wish I had pictures to post but I just got back but I'll try to have pics within the next week. I brought hair and makeup inspiration pics. I also brought in my own powder, lip stuff and, mascara for them to put on me because I am picky about it. Everyone at the spa is sooo nice and they'll listen to what you say.
2. I did welcome bags, but we gave ours to our guests when they arrived. We knew when to expect our guests so it was a nice way to greet them. Waiters also greet you with champagne when you arrive!
3. We used the DJ. He was $190/hr and we used him for 3 hours. We got 1hour for free. We didn't use the resort photog so we asked Sandra (our WC, who by the way was awesome) if we could exchange the photog services for something else and she managed to get us 1 hr DJ time for free. Before we left we made a CD with our "must have" songs and gave it to the DJ. We aren't picky about music and for other songs they did a great job. They played some corny songs like YMCA but corny songs make it fun (but that might be due to the fact that the wait staff make sure that your wine glass is NEVER empty, LOL).
Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:42 PM
| Originally Posted by badrianne |
From what I can tell from pictures, the gazebo chairs are white
I'm not sure how many of the white chairs are available though. I've only seen around 30 in pictures.
I've also seen some wicker chairs with green in the wedding brochure from Dreams.
I ask lyales if she had to pay for every chair cover but she didn't respond.
We saw at least 3 other weddings there during our stay and they had covered chairs for the ceremony. It really depends on what you want. Everything gets discussed when you meet with your WC once you get onsite.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users