• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:33 AM

#12 KellyMN

• 99 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:56 AM

Choosing a resort is the most stressful part of this whole thing! As soon as it's over, it's all easy decisions from here :) That's what i can say now anyway!

Tulum is a little nicer, probably the more expensive one. It's a member of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, a collection of the world's finest independently owned luxury hotels. A big deal in the industry. Another plus is you'd be close to the town of Tulum and the ruins. We had a lot of guests go there for our wedding last winter. Tulum will be more upscale - chill towels, fruit, drinks upon arrival, etc. PA will be more active - fun games around the pool - kind of more of my style than a stuffy luxury place, but it all depends on what she's looking for and her personality. PA would probably be better for kids since it's more active (if there are kids going). Hope those little facts helped!

#13 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
      • 2,171 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#14 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:40 PM

to the forum! Best of luck with the planning!

#15 amandalsu

• 122 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

I am at the exact point your niece was! I am looking at Ixtapa too. Did you find any other places during your search that were contenders in that area?

#16 RoryS

• 230 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

We looked at quite a few different places in Zihuatanejo and then Ixtapa. Another place we looked into on the west coast was Huatulco. The places she really liked were extremely expensive (Tides), plus the airfare for the folks coming from the east coast U.S. were really much more expensive than the east coast Mexico. She always wanted to have a Caribbean wedding, so when I found the site for Dreams, it seemed like a perfect match, and the pricing was good too. Good luck, whichever area you choose.

#17 amandalsu

• 122 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

-The Tides - your niece has very good taste! That place is very expensive but one of the most beautiful I have found anywhere. I wish I could afford it too. Maybe 1 night of the honeymoon if I get lucky.

Thanks for the information though. Good luck with the planning!

#18 SoontobeMsKniss

• 715 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:40 PM

Welcome to the Froum!

#19 BN Fotografia

BN Fotografia
                  • 217 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

I hope your planning is coming along well and that you are finding useful resourses on this website. Have you decided on a location?

#20 Jeremy Herman PhotoVideo

Jeremy Herman PhotoVideo
                    • 249 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

Hi Rory,
                      Welcome to the forum!
                      i think one of the main thing in a destination wedding is to stand in front of the ocean barefoot during the ceremony!
                      I got married in Tulum last year, and we really wnated a beach ceremony.
                      Hope this helps!
                      Good luck with your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users