TAs please help: Departure tax

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

When I went to St. Lucia last year, I paid a $26 departure tax. I've been reading that as of January 2008, the tax is rolled into the ticket price. I called American Airlines twice and neither person knew the answer for sure. One person said she didn't think it was included in the ticket price. The other said that all but $11 was included in the ticket price. I don't think that even makes sense! Can anyone help me please? I just purchased my tickets this month. TIA.

#2 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

I heard that you didn't have to pay at the airport anymore either, and that it was put in the ticket price too! I hope that this is the case and that people aren't stuck in a country because they don't ahve the extra $ now!
      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#3 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

I just want to be able to properly inform my guests of what they need. I don't want anyone to be surprised. I can't believe that American didn't know the answer. I thought that was poor.

#4 TA Dina

TA Dina
        • 181 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

The packages that I sell now include the departure tax in with the tickets. But that's packages.

I've not checked for sure but I do believe it is included now with single airline tix too. I can't believe the airline wouldn't know. It's part of the darn fare when the come up with the price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users