Sign in to follow this  
evtalbot

Do you HAVE to book your ceremony through the Cruise ship?

We are getting legally married in Jamaica and the cost is all wrapped into the package price and not anymore than getting married in here. The only requirement we have is to send our passports and birth certificates a few months ahead of time. You can easily get legally married in a bunch of places while on a cruise. Just be careful because others are a bit stickier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug3636 View Post
We are getting legally married in Jamaica and the cost is all wrapped into the package price and not anymore than getting married in here.
Thats awesome! I wish Mexico was like that. sad.gif It costs between $300-$400 for the paperwork there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adias.angel View Post
Thats awesome! I wish Mexico was like that. sad.gif It costs between $300-$400 for the paperwork there.
Reallyhuh.gif My paperwork (Dreams Tulum,Mayan riviera) was completely free, I just paid 150$ for the blood test (I know, sounds weird / scary but it was so simple and easy).

But back on the topic, I attended a cruise wedding, the ceremony was at Magen's Bay, St-Thomas and it was beautiful! I think we all paid our own taxi to get to the ceremony. There are always a ton of taxis next to the port.

I'm a cruise bride as well.

We're going with NCL to the Caribbean and we decided to plan with a private company.

I would def. recommend looking for a private WC over TWE.

P.S. I love cruise critic as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by adias.angel View Post
You will hit the licencing requirement almost anywhere. When we were looking at doing a cruise for our wedding the best option was to get the legal/licencing stuff done at home before or after the cruise. It will cost MUCH less too. wink.gif
Oh its nothing to do with cost. For the actual Bahamas you have to be there 24 hours prior to. I think I'm paying $277 for ours in Bermuda, however we have to have things published in the local paper there and other stuff thats weird. We're still saving a ton of money vs getting married here at home.

I'm a cruise bride using TWE and would highly recomend for you to use an outside vendor. It will be less expensive, trust me. For us it is too late because we booked it before we realized we had other options but I really wish that we would have went outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm316217 View Post
I'm a cruise bride using TWE and would highly recomend for you to use an outside vendor. It will be less expensive, trust me. For us it is too late because we booked it before we realized we had other options but I really wish that we would have went outside.
What cruise line and ship are you on?

Hi! I thought I would let you know that I just officiated a wedding last night here at the Sheraton Cable Beach in Nassau, for my clients, who arrived via RCCL cruise ship.

They booked the wedding directly through the property's WC (her name is Sharri, and she's great). She had great coordination with RCCL, including the bridal party and guest pickup from the ship, and return. The wedding was on the beach, with a steel band playing. They had a champagne toast on the beach, and then went back immediately to the ship, where they had a private party room from 8 till 11.

The beach was beautiful, but, the resort areas all have beautiful beaches in Nassau, and the Bahamas cruises are perfect 3-4 day cruises out of Ft. Laud/Miami.

Good luck!

Debbi

We are getting married on a cruise but we are using a private wedding planner- Paulette Davis. I talked to a lot of different wedding planners and she has provided the most answers.