Photo

My maid of honor is a man? LoL….

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 MelanieS

MelanieS
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

You could always call him your "man of honor". I've seen this done at a couple of weddings and didn't think it was odd at all, just very sweet.

#12 Krose82

Krose82
    • 15 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for all of your comments and support ladies. I’ve known in my heart all along that this is what I want to do, but hearing your support is definitely a confidence booster. And thanks so much for the idea Melanie! Man of honor is perfect! Why didn’t I think of that one!!?

#13 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
      • 170 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

I'm doing something similar! I'm having my older brother stand as my 'man of honor'. We've always gotten along really well and have been really close, so I figured why not include him that way! Go for it:)

#14 candiekiss

candiekiss
        • 98 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:36 PM

I would go for it. Gay or not it doesn't matter. Also like you said it's too hard to choose between 2 sisters. My fiance is having a girl stand on his side b/c she's been his best friend since middle school and I am happy to have her. These days old wedding rules don't apply.

#15 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
          • 668 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:54 PM

Yeah! I saw this thread and had to post! I have a "MAN OF HONOR" also! It is my bro, I did it because I couldn't choose between the girls, and I didnt want a big wedding party. So we are just including the siblings as the wedding party! FI has a bro also for his BM. Perfect....

And although he is getting teased that he may have to wear a pink dress... Not really- he is really excited and honored. He is even planning my bachelorette party! Coed Naked is coming back! LOL

Follow your heart - it will work out in the end and people will get over any weirdness they may have about anything. Let them speculate! Have fun - its your day.

#16 Sloan

Sloan
            • 1,279 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:44 AM

My best friend, who just happens to be my ex-boyfriend would definately be my Man of Honour at our wedding in April. However, he found out he got into film school in Vancouver....soooo Im having one of my good female friends stand up for me insted. Lots of girls I know have done the Man of Honour thing. It's not 1890 anymore!

#17 Danniellou

Danniellou
              • 815 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

Times have changed you need to go for it! It is your wedding and he should play a major role in your day!

#18 DB2B

DB2B
                • 71 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

I agree. I think your wedding is about surrounding yourself with the people you care the most about, regardless of whether it is consistent with conventional ceremony or not. So you should do what makes you happy!

Of course, I'm biased - I have a best man too! He's my best bud (and former roomie) from college, and there was no question. He doesn't care what he wears, but I've promised him the grandest butt-bow of all!

#19 samanthag

samanthag
                  • 896 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

WoW it's nice to hear just how common the "man of honor" thing has become! Since the moment I got engaged I knew I wanted my best friend to be my moh even though he is a gay male!
                    As mentioned earlier all the old rules are out!
                    Just do what makes YOU happy!

#20 monicaswave

monicaswave
                    • 450 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

DO IT!!!! There is nothing wrong with that these days. People will totally understand!

It's your day and you should have your closest people next to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users