Photo

ROR Procession

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Good question. I was wondering the same thing because I went on U Tube and must've seen that same video where you see the bride before her BM's get down the aisle.

#12 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:25 AM

I was married at the beach gazebo and dh was facing away from where we walked down, and the beach gazebo location has several palm trees that will shield you from view. If he's REALLY trying to see you, he'll have to crane his neck to see you, but my dh laid his eyes on me for the first time right when I was walking down the aisle!
      Yes, some of your guests may be able to see you as they are more able to turn in that direction... but there's not too much that can be done about that... :)
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#13 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
      • 382 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:36 AM

Courtney I was gonna say the same thing. I used my parasol to block my face, but I also waited up by the balcony area until the BM's were gone. Then I walked down those stairs, and still didn't move until I heard my music playing. I did this on purpose, because my song I walked in on does not get real goo unitl about a minute into it...so I walked hella slow too... My DH was so nervous and emotional, he never looked up anways...even when I was standing in front of him at the altar. I had to crack a joke to lift his spirits...

#14 kater

kater
        • 77 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

This is all very good to know...I hadn't even thought about that part yet! For those who didn't have a wedding party, did you start the procession with your family being seated? Or just the bride walking down the aisle?

#15 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
          • 382 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:31 AM

The groom walking down, then the GM, then the BM, and then me and my moms...

#16 Danniellou

Danniellou
            • 815 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:41 AM

I think I will wait up at the balcony area too. That is a really good tip! What was your song ButlerGirl08? Did you have the steel drum band?

#17 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
              • 382 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:07 AM

No steel band... I used the Gospel song, "How Deeply I need You" by the Shenikah Glory Ministries...absolutely phenomenal...

#18 Danniellou

Danniellou
                • 815 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

I am not familiar with that song, but I like the title! It sounds like you really made your entrance!

#19 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
                  • 382 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:25 AM

Oh yes hunny...Go download it...it's beautiful. I hadn't heard of it either until I watched this slideshow of pictures of this guy in Atlanta proposing to his girlfriend. It was so precious. He stayed with his sister for 6 months to save up for the proposal. He got 10 rooms at the Ritz Carrolton in Atlanta and in each room was a set of people that were really special in their lives. So he took her to each room where they would read something very sweet to her and she would leave with a color of rose... So she went around to all the rooms and the last 2 had his parents in it and the 2nd to last had her parents in it... Then the last room was just for him to propose... It was beautiful. If anyone wants to see this PM me and I will send you the link to the website, hopefully I still have it...

Warning, it is a tear jerker...

#20 Danniellou

Danniellou
                    • 815 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

Ohhh I definitely have to see that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users