Photo

Valentin Imperial Maya Brides?

• Please log in to reply
918 replies to this topic

#221 t777a

t777a
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:51 PM

can anyone tell me the setup for cocktail hour?

#222 JLRJEN

JLRJEN
    • 23 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

Ladies,

I'm heading to VIM for a combo vacation/site visit July 28-Aug 2. Will be meeting with Lupita and asking a ton of questions. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to know!

#223 cait713

cait713
      • 94 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

So it's been a long time coming, but my fiance and I have finally decided to have our wedding at the Valentin! We're planning for July 2010, and we couldn't be more excited!

For the brides getting married at the Valentin who haven't been there-you're making a great choice! My fiance stayed there (and got engaged there!) in June, and absolutely LOVED it! The only reason that we started to look at other resorts was because we thought we needed a family friendly place. Now that we don't, we are ready to start the booking process at the Valentin!

Anyways, I'm thinking that you ladies might have some inside info about the weddings at the Valentin. I've looked at the wedding packages, and they look great. I have a few questions and I'd love if anyone could help me out:

-I'm wondering if anyone knows if the cocktail hour and dinner reception are private events, and if not, how much is it to make them private?

-What options are there for the reception dinner? Specific restaurants, or anywhere outside?

-How much extra per person (cocktail hour and reception) for guests over the 25 allotted in the package?

-Is a dance floor/music set-up possible at the reception?

Also-a side note-My fiance and I were given a complimentary upgrade to one of the ocean view rooms (room 13205) which was unbelievable-we hope to stay in the same building for our honeymoon. I have many pictures of the room (not so many of the actual resort), and can email them if anyone is interested!

#224 t777a

t777a
        • 99 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

the reception can be private for $200 extra or they have three places outside for free If you get the second package. Its is $41 extra per person over the 25 people

#225 t777a

t777a
          • 99 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

Ive see the dance floo set up at the mexican resturant outside but that was it. My wedding is small so im sure about what options there are for a big wedding. one of the prevoius brides posted it I just dont remeber it. She said they had a tent on the beach for a big wedding and I think you get a restuarnt to yourself but im not sure about that one. I posted the menu in the thread. Oh if you want the buffet option I have them too but they were to big to post i can email them to you if you want.

#226 cait713

cait713
            • 94 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by t777a
              Ive see the dance floo set up at the mexican resturant outside but that was it. My wedding is small so im sure about what options there are for a big wedding. one of the prevoius brides posted it I just dont remeber it. She said they had a tent on the beach for a big wedding and I think you get a restuarnt to yourself but im not sure about that one. I posted the menu in the thread. Oh if you want the buffet option I have them too but they were to big to post i can email them to you if you want.

I'd love the buffet menu, if you have it! My email is cait713@aol.com. Thanks so much!

I think that my wedding will also be small, but I'd still like some sort of reception-that's good to know about the Mexican Restaurant. They do have a lovely patio area.

#227 Graciela

Graciela
              • 19 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:39 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by t777a
                Graciela
                i saw a dance floor at the reception, was that extra ?

Yes the dancefloor was extra. I hired an outside DJ for my wedding. DJ Dorremix (Ivan Gomez) who I highly recommend. I wrote a review for him if you would like to read it. His website is http://doremixx.com/ and you can email him at ivan@doremixx.com or djcunmix@gmail.com

#228 cait713

cait713
                • 94 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:44 AM

Hi Graciela! Would you mind me asking how much extra for the dance floor? Also, I saw your pictures, which are unbelievable! I'm wondering if you brought all your decorations and blue lighting you used for the reception? Thanks!

#229 colby2277

colby2277
                  • 75 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

Graciela,

I just viewed your pics, and they are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!!

~Colby

#230 usrerd

usrerd
                    • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Well I just booked the Valentin for our wedding on March 3, 2010. I already had to email an authorization form for the $800 deposit with my credit card number on it (which I wasn't too comfortable with). Now the coordinator emailed me back and asked for a copy of the credit card and a copy of my ID. I don't really like the idea of all of this going over email. Did anyone else have to do this? Maybe I'm just being too cautious??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users