Photo

Trinidad & Tobago anyone?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bweisenburger

bweisenburger
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

Anyone recommend an area/resort to get married at/stay at? We are getting married April 4, 2009 and I need to book something FAST.
    Thanks! ;o)

#2 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

I've heard that Tobago is better than Trinidad, particularly because crime has been increasing in Trinidad and Tobago is much less "spoiled." Unfortunately I do not have any specific resort recommendations though. I do get a lot of my info from Tripadvisor.com though.

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

My hubby was born in Trinidad; and his whole family is in Trinidad. From what I've heard that hotel choices on Trinidad are limited. Tobago is supposed to be 'better' and doesn't have the crime issues that Trinidad does right now. Go for Tobago!
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 trini bride

trini bride
        • 84 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

I lived in Trinidad for a number of years and visited Tobago this year during my vacation. Tobago is far more suited for weddings. It has beautiful beaches and scenery wheras Trinidad does not have nice beaches. Tobago is also very laid back and relaxed whereas Trinidad is more hectic. Search online for local wedding planners. They may be able to give you more information.

#5 katml

katml
          • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

hope you found what you were looking for! I'm a 'Trini' if anyone needs any help let me know I'd be happy to help out! I'm actually a makeup artist! :) I end up on here looking at dreams Tulum hehe and well now I may be able to actually help out a few brides so why not!

#6 katml

katml
            • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:49 PM

oh gosh! I just realised the vendor rules how do I edit a post can I? for some reason I can edit this post but not the other one!

#7 AishaB

AishaB
              • 2,350 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

I havent been to Trinidad nor Tobago in a number of years but from what I have heard crime is rampant in Trinidad. However, Tobago is the tourist spot. So you should really consider Tobago for your wedding. Beautiful beaches, more resorts, etc.
                BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#8 MontG

MontG
                • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by katml
                  hope you found what you were looking for! I'm a 'Trini' if anyone needs any help let me know I'd be happy to help out! I'm actually a makeup artist! :) I end up on here looking at dreams Tulum hehe and well now I may be able to actually help out a few brides so why not!
                  HI Katml!

I see that you are a make-up artist and I do need some advice. I am getting married in the Dominican Republic in June, and have never really worn much make-up. I keep it simple...eyeliner, lipgloss, maybe mascara, maybe eyeshadow, and that's on special occasions! I haven't confirmed a m/u person in the DR, but with the right make-up, and some other skilled "friends", do you think I would be OK with doing my own (with help!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users