Photo

Invitations in mail when? Register when?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

Hello, hope you all havea great, safe 4th!!

How long in advance do people send invites out?

Also, what is a good time for me and Joe to register?

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

I registered when we were 5 months out. And sent the invited at 4 1/2 months out. But I know your getting married in Philly so i think 2 -3 months out is enough time to send out invites.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

Hey Quelicious! Invites should usually go out about 6-8 weeks before your wedding. But I would have to send sooner, cuz I am impatient like that. I would register whenever you want, not sure if there are rules. But you have to keep in mind that alot of items are seasonal, so you would have to go back and make sure if things went out of stock to replace with something else.

Personally, I would register soon, but we hated it. It was so annoying. We fought about it alot, cuz I think that he should have some input, so that when the house is all put together, he can feel like it all belongs to him as well. But he hates shopping, so it was not fun for us. I have heard other couples have fun with it though.

Keep in mind that things look different in person then online too. We did our initial registries in person, then I updated, changed, deleted things ALOT online. But I say to do it now, so you guys can take your time and do it slowly and not feel too rushed.

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

Oh, I have also heard that people will use these registries when giving gifts, like Christmas or birhtdyas, so it might be helpful to have something on them before those times...

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

I hated registering 2 i thought it was stressful and overwhelming.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

jac, for at home weddings you shouldnt send your invites out more than 6-8 weeks in advance. if you have out of town guests, you can send STDs to them further in advance around 4 months out so they can book airfare & hotel.

as for registering i agree with carly -- remember that a lot of stuff will go in & out with seasons. registering was a huge pain, we did it all in one day for 3 stores and then added & subtracted online a lot when stuff went out of season.

#7 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

ah ok, thx guys. i have NO idea where to even register. i guess i should make a list of what we need, ?? is that what people do? i just am getting stressed THINKING about walking around with a lil scanning gun picking stuff out. it seems chaotic or something, hahahahahaha. maybe its deep down excitment since i have shopping issues. lol

#8 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:49 AM

Hahahahaa, no, I feel ya. I was def not looking forward to it. It was very stressful. I wish I had done it w/o Matt, I think it would've been alot less stressful to do alone, or with my sister. Cuz in the end, he really doesn't care what is in his house, but I thought he would! I didn't want him to think that everything was mine and I didn't care what he wanted. But really, he doesn't!

My favorite registry is Bed Bath & Beyond for practical reasons (plus they give cash back on gifts bought from your registry). But my favorite for random items, was def Ten Thousand Villages. I just love all their stuff!

#9 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Im not sure how Joe will be with registering, it could go both ways... either great and he will be helpful, or he will be pouty and tired and wanna go home. I'd rather just go with my mom tbh.

I cant believe its down to 10 months already, ah it seems like yesterday. Time flies boy, I tell ya! haha

Thx again chickas!

#10 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                  • 1,881 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jacqueline
                    Im not sure how Joe will be with registering, it could go both ways... either great and he will be helpful, or he will be pouty and tired and wanna go home. I'd rather just go with my mom tbh.
                    I knew that Dean would hate registering so my mom went with me to register, We did it across two weekends. It's hard to do - kinda tiring and you can get overwhelmed!!! I think your mom would have a good time with you :)
                    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users