• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:47 PM

I have to go to Iowa, Des Moines to be exact. August 12th -15th for work. What is there to do?
    Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#2 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
    • Banned
    • 1,051 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

Hmmm....Gaze upon corn fields, cow tip, gaze upon more corn fields.....hehe...My mom is from Iowa and our family has been back there atleast 100 times. She's from a very small town near Des Moines where there's NOTHING to do. I'm sure they have bowling, bars, clubs and stuff like that in Des Moines for you to do. Have fun! :)

#3 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

Cow tiping, I havent done that yet. Hmm what other kind of trouble can I get into?!?!
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

LOL - fyi, cow tipping is illegal! my uncle once got arrested in college for doing it LMAO

#5 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
        • Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

Honestly, I have never been cow tipping, (I was just being stereotypical) Sorry lol....So, do they actually push over a cow I'm curious now lol

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

yes people who go cow tipping actually attempt to push the cow over - because cows sometimes fall asleep standing up, so they have no sense of balance when you go to push them over, but it is actually really cruel because you can seriously hurt the cow...

#7 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,853 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:15 PM

Ok so Im not going to Iowa to go cow tiping. I would never do that, plus I kinda live in a cow town myslef. So anyways.....apparently no one lives in Iowa. So what the hell am I goin go to do with myslef?
            Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

betsy lives in iowa, but she's not on the forum all that much lately... my FI got one of his bachelors degrees in iowa and when we went there for a reunion last summer literally the only thing to do was go to a bar or go bowling... so my advice is to bring your laptop and settle in on BDW hhahaha

#9 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:34 PM

Sorry about the whole cow tipping thing, I was TOTALLY KIDDING and being sarcastic. That's just my personality...I am basically saying that there isn't a whole hell of a lot to do in Iowa. I'm sure though in Des Moines there are bars, movie theatres, and bowling atleast. Even the tiny town my mom's from has a bowling alley. You might have to get creative! Just enjoy the warm nights, and catch some lightning bugs or something.

#10 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
              • 173 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:05 AM

I'm from Iowa. It can be kind of fun in the summer. See if you can find a state fair. There will be dancing and rides and its always warm. There are fireflies at night too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users