• 2,597 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

How fun, this will be awesome!

#32 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

We went to a small community fireworks show last weekend at Providence. It was muddy as hell from the rain, and after almost going camera first into the mud, I decided it wasn't worth messing up the camera. So I watched for 10 minutes, constantly thinking of the pictures I could be taking. In the last 2 minutes of the show, I yanked the camera out of the bag, threw it onto the tripod, and got 3 shots before it was over.

#33 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
      • 1,209 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:52 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
        We went to a small community fireworks show last weekend at Providence. It was muddy as hell from the rain, and after almost going camera first into the mud, I decided it wasn't worth messing up the camera. So I watched for 10 minutes, constantly thinking of the pictures I could be taking. In the last 2 minutes of the show, I yanked the camera out of the bag, threw it onto the tripod, and got 3 shots before it was over.

Beautiful pic, Mikki!

Off to change mine now. I think it'll be either a pic of us gardening out back or throwing the ball for the dog, Cubby. That always puts me in a great mood. I love seeing his smiling face and waggy tail. :)

#34 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:21 AM

Quote:
          Nikki, I took my camera to the fireworks on Thursday night, it was the first time I tired to take pictures of fireworks and my only regret is that I wasn't further away. The fireworks were going off right in front of the house we were at so they were right above our head, so all my pictures were close ups.

Click the image to open in full size.

#35 LisaG

LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

Wow - great firework pics girls!!!

#36 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
            • VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TammyB
              Nikki, I took my camera to the fireworks on Thursday night, it was the first time I tired to take pictures of fireworks and my only regret is that I wasn't further away. The fireworks were going off right in front of the house we were at so they were right above our head, so all my pictures were close ups.

This was my first time shooting fireworks too, with my DSLR. I'd only done it once before with a little HP point and shoot several years ago. We were pretty close to the fireworks, about 300' away from the launch site. I used my wide angle lens, somewhere around 18-25mm, and even with that- I still had to set up the tripod so the camera was about 2' from the ground.

We went to fireworks the last two nights too, but had really crappy seats, with lots of power lines in our line of view. I took a bunch of shots last night, but only have maybe 1-2 that I could do something 'abstract' with, and that's pretty much what I expected when I realized what all was between the camera and the fireworks.

I swear that next year I'm going to go downtown and scope out the entire area to find the perfect place to get a nice skyline view with the fireworks going off! :)

#37 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
              • 856 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

Great shots!! I updated my siggy from our May vacation at Bethany Beach!!

#38 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
                  This was my first time shooting fireworks too, with my DSLR. I'd only done it once before with a little HP point and shoot several years ago. We were pretty close to the fireworks, about 300' away from the launch site. I used my wide angle lens, somewhere around 18-25mm, and even with that- I still had to set up the tripod so the camera was about 2' from the ground.

We went to fireworks the last two nights too, but had really crappy seats, with lots of power lines in our line of view. I took a bunch of shots last night, but only have maybe 1-2 that I could do something 'abstract' with, and that's pretty much what I expected when I realized what all was between the camera and the fireworks.

I swear that next year I'm going to go downtown and scope out the entire area to find the perfect place to get a nice skyline view with the fireworks going off! :)
                  I don't have a wide angle lens yet, I have that on my list and a Macro. But they are so expensive the Macro lens I want is about $600.00 and I haven't even looked into the wide angle lens yet. I was telling DH that I wanted to make sure next year we get a good distance away as well. I have one more shot next week at fireworks but it's really crowded their every year so I'll probably have people in my way. Oh well, I figured I can only get better with practice, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users