Photo

Do I need a TA?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ashrose

ashrose
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:00 PM

I think I may have put the cart before the horse (my dad tells me I do that a lot)...

I've planned lots of events as well as did some group travel arrangements while I was in college (to conferences), so when I started thinking about doing a DW, it didn't even occur to me to look at getting a travel agent.

I contacted the Resort (Moon Palace) directly and put in an RFP for a Room Block of 25-30 rooms. I think I remember reading somewhere that the resort will provide my guests a link to reserve online.

My side of the family is pretty travel savvy and will likely figure things out on their own (they own timeshares and go to Mexico all the time) -- but I'm worried about FI's family as well as our friends.

Do I need a TA? Is it the easiest thing for my guests or should I let them handle booking airfare themselves?

What is the advantage of using a TA?

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

for one thing the group rate a TA can get is probably better than what the resort is offering directly...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

they can answer all of your guests travel questions and remind your guests about when payments are due. Trust me you don't want to get a bunch of questions from your guests and you don't want to worry about your guest making payments on time.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

With a TA, people can make payments which may be easier for some of your guests instead of paying a couple thousand dollars all at once.

#5 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
        • 1,047 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

The other thing that the TA will do is assist in keeping track of your guest- who booked , when they arrive and depart. You'll have a list to do seating charts from and for OOT bags if your doing them. Plus it helps to be able to hand it to the WC at the resort!

#6 ashrose

ashrose
          • 422 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:26 AM

Hmmm. Good point... Maybe I need to rewind and find a TA.

Are any of the TAs on the board that specalize in Cancun/Moon Palace that would be willing to chat with me?

#7 ashrose

ashrose
            • 422 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

Thanks Maureen... I contacted Jennifer to see if its going to be the best fit. :) So far, so good. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users