Eurpoean Weddings?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

Hi girls,

I have done a quick search and found some discussions on European weddings. Is there anyone out there who has been married in Europe or is planning a European wedding? Some of the posts Re: European weddings are a bit dated, so I thought I'd bring it forward again :) My fiance and I are pondering the idea, since the Mexico-wedding-thing would cost us a lot (if we're going to spend at least $2500 each, why not look at other options?). Guess that's what happens when you live in the prairies (Canada)...the prices for advanced bookings to mexico are insane... especially for February, 2010. We were told around $2500 per person WITH the group rate. Eek! Anyway, just thought I'd see if there's any European brides out there...

#2 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

I suppose as I live in UK and I got married here the last time I might be able to help - but to be truthful we are going to Mexico because its cheaper than doing it here lol

#3 Richard King

Richard King
      • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:06 AM

Well We live in the UK, and plan weddngs in the UK and shoot weddings in UK, europe and buyond. UK weddings are certainly different to US ones, and infact, spanish, French, italian and greek weddings all have a different feel and flavour to them.

Dated is the wrong word. UK and ireland is certainly adopting some of the customs from US wedings, however You guys basically adopted our customs all those years ago. We pinched some ideas of the continentals etc..

If you want beautiful interesting venues, with ancent history, original rolls royces, real church bells, and a intimate meaningfull wedding then we could wholeheartedly recommend the UK or other parts of europe

Richard & Elizabeth

#4 Richard King

Richard King
        • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:09 AM

and we are gettng married in the UK in august! will be a really intimate affair

#5 MickiBee

MickiBee
          • 42 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

There are so many nice options for a European wedding. Paris..Rome...a friend of mine got married in Brugge, Belgium it is a very nice picturesque town.

Santorini (Greece) is a very cute Island, check this link

I think with the Euro it's more expensive for you then Mexico?
            ---------------------------------------------------

Curacao, 11.7.2008

#6 Evan Baines

Evan Baines
            • 50 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:59 AM

This is interesting to me as well.... I've been searching for forums/sites that have information for couples planning European weddings and they don't seem to be that popular here in the US. I'm kinda surprised. If we ever do a vow renewal I'd think hard about a European destination...

I know I'm looking forward to shooting some weddings in Europe!

#7 Richard King

Richard King
              • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Evan Baines
                This is interesting to me as well.... I've been searching for forums/sites that have information for couples planning European weddings and they don't seem to be that popular here in the US. I'm kinda surprised. If we ever do a vow renewal I'd think hard about a European destination...

I know I'm looking forward to shooting some weddings in Europe!
                Well we would both be happy to advise. I ama photographer, liz my fiance is a wedding planner, and we live in England!

We would be more tham pleased to organise weddings for US brides and grooms

Richard & Elizabeth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users