Photo

dafont.com?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 animaldoc

animaldoc
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

I have a dafont.com question, what do I do with the fonts once they are installed. I am using powerpoint and am trying to create a monogram. The fonts that I have downloaded appear in the font box in powerpoint and I am able to transfer to a slide, but can't select them or resize. Please help!

Thank you,
    Jennifer

#2 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:31 AM

Have you unzipped and dropped the fonts into your Fonts folder?

#3 adias.angel

adias.angel
      • 719 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:09 AM

Depending on which version of windows you are using you might be able to right click on the .ttf file and there will be a option to install it; AKA move it to the right location for you. After that you should be able to see that font in the fonts list of the program you are using.

#4 animaldoc

animaldoc
        • 91 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

Thank you for the info. The files are in the fonts folder, are unzipped, and have been installed. I choose them from my fonts box in powerpoint, but they appear as a string of pics and it doesn't allow me to select an indiv pic or to resize. Any suggestions?

thank you,
          Jennifer

#5 adias.angel

adias.angel
          • 719 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by animaldoc
            Thank you for the info. The files are in the fonts folder, are unzipped, and have been installed. I choose them from my fonts box in powerpoint, but they appear as a string of pics and it doesn't allow me to select an indiv pic or to resize. Any suggestions?

thank you,
            Jennifer
            Can I ask which font you are trying to use? Is it a dingbat type font?

#6 animaldoc

animaldoc
            • 91 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:03 AM

Yes, I think it is dingbat. I downloaded tropicana because I wanted the palm tree symbols.

#7 adias.angel

adias.angel
              • 719 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

I am hoping this is the answer. Each letter you type is a different picture.

So here is what I did. I type a-z in small and upper case letters and then highlighted the whole thing and saw all the possible pictures. Then when I found a pic I liked I highlighted just the picture and turned it back to Ariel font so I could see which letter it was. Then all you have to do is type just that letter on the invite or whatever and change the font to tropicina and you should then be able to change the size of the font to increase the image size.

If this isn't the fix take a screen shot (alt + print screen on keyboard), paste in into a word doc or something and upload on here. I am an applications engineer and spend my whole day on the computer. I am sure if I see it I can figure out how to fix it. Carla :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users