Sign in to follow this  
OMC

Any Sandals Dunn's River brides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMC View Post
I'm feeling a little nervous plus I still have so much to do. We're leaving in exactly 4 weeks from today. I have decided to bring my own gazebo decorations. I "borrowed" the idea from Agape Gems. The wedding coordinator seems to be OK with it. I just need to pay a set-up fee. Hopefully the fee won't be too outrageous.

Anyone decided on whether to take the free bouquet or to upgrade? I'm not too impressed with the pictures of the free bouquets but the upgrades are pretty pricey.
I am planning to take my own silk flower bouquets that i had made for me; those prices for the upgrades are ridiculous and i really did not like the free ones. I'm also debating on doing the Sand Ceremony.

I beleive you when you say there is sooooooooooo much to do. I took on the ridiculous challange of doing a NYC reception when i return from Ocho Rios.

I'm also having a reception in Ft. Lauderdale when we return. Even though this is our vow renewal, it seems like I'm recreating our wedding day. I must admit that it's fun to get to do some of the things I didn't do the first time around.

I'm so excited to meet someone who'll be at the resort at the same time as the two of us. We'll definitely have to meet up.

What are you doing for favors? My aunt suggested that I bring something back from the islands but that's taking a risk since I don't know what I'll find.

Quote:
I'm also having a reception in Ft. Lauderdale when we return. Even though this is our vow renewal, it seems like I'm recreating our wedding day. I must admit that it's fun to get to do some of the things I didn't do the first time around.

I'm so excited to meet someone who'll be at the resort at the same time as the two of us. We'll definitely have to meet up.

What are you doing for favors? My aunt suggested that I bring something back from the islands but that's taking a risk since I don't know what I'll find.
Hey that does sound like fun; and that is great that you get to do what you didnt do the first time around.

Yeah im really excited and can't wait for this much needed getaway! That would be great to meet someone else who will be there at the same time as us but i've noticed that there aren't many SDR brides on here, most brides go to the Riu. Yeah we definately have to kit so that we meet up since i get there the day after you.

Favors....to be honest im really stuck because i originally wanted to bring back something from jamaica too, but i don't want to come back to NY and have to stress about favors since my reception is 2 days later. I might just settle and order favors before i go to Jamaica

Quote:
Anyone decided on whether to take the free bouquet or to upgrade? I'm not too impressed with the pictures of the free bouquets but the upgrades are pretty pricey.
Girl, take the upgrade or bring some silk ones for yourself. The free bouquet was really nothing special. It was ok, but if you want nice flowers, I would advise that you go ahead and get the ones you'd like.

I brought my own flowers and decor and I was so glad that I did. The free bouquet was nice and they made it to compliment my wedding colors, but I was soooooo glad that I had brought flowers I loved.

I upgraded my bouquet to a mix of roses and gerbera dasies - the WC said she received tons of compliments as she was bringing it up to my room! The upgraded bouquet was a gift from my parents.