Photo

Any Sandals Dunn's River brides?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OMC

OMC
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:00 AM

Hi. I'm a Newbie and I'm just looking for advice about Sandals Dunn's River weddings/vow renewals. We're renewing our vows there on 8/7/08. I did a search but I didn't come up with much. Thanks!
    Oyinka

#2 SDRBRIDE08

SDRBRIDE08
    • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:49 AM

Well i am a Dunns River bride! Im getting married there 8/8/08, i arrive on 8/6/08.....cant say i have much advice because i've never been but am looking foward to it. I've seen pictures of the hotel and of weddings there and it looks beautiful, so i hope i won't be dissapointed. Hello and welcome

Cindy

#3 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
      • 716 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

I went to visit Sandals Dunn's River while on my honeymoon at SGOR and it was beautiful. I think you and your guests will have a ball and really enjoy the resort. It's beautiful! (And great food!)

#4 OMC

OMC
        • 23 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:18 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SDRBRIDE08
          Well i am a Dunns River bride! Im getting married there 8/8/08, i arrive on 8/6/08.....cant say i have much advice because i've never been but am looking foward to it. I've seen pictures of the hotel and of weddings there and it looks beautiful, so i hope i won't be dissapointed. Hello and welcome

Cindy
          Cindy,
          I'll be there on 8/5 with the vow renewal on 8/7. Perhaps we can meet up while we're there.
          Oyinka

#5 OMC

OMC
          • 23 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:20 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by IrieBride08
            I went to visit Sandals Dunn's River while on my honeymoon at SGOR and it was beautiful. I think you and your guests will have a ball and really enjoy the resort. It's beautiful! (And great food!)
            I saw your pictures. They were beautiful. Congrats! We're not having any guests, just the two of us. Perhaps, I'll meet some fellow brides who'll join us!
            Oyinka

#6 SDRBRIDE08

SDRBRIDE08
            • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by OMC
              Cindy,
              I'll be there on 8/5 with the vow renewal on 8/7. Perhaps we can meet up while we're there.

That would be cool, i know my flight arrives at the airport at like 3PM, so i will be there the evening of 8/6/08! I am coming with 2 other people, and 6 others will join us the following day.

#7 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
              • 716 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by OMC
                I saw your pictures. They were beautiful. Congrats! We're not having any guests, just the two of us. Perhaps, I'll meet some fellow brides who'll join us!
                Thanks! I know that yours will be beautiful as well. And without guests to worry about, you will both get the full "Sandals" treatment, which was very nice!

The "reception" they put on is actually very nice. They even gave us a really nice semi-private wedding dinner and we were able to choose where we wanted to have it served. They created beautiful personal menus (that they let you select).

#8 jenniferroberson

jenniferroberson
                • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

I am getting married at Dunn's River in October 2008. I probably can't offer much help to you but I have made lots of contact with my wedding planner and so I might have some info!!! Hope you are feeling relaxed!!! Your event is sooo close!!! Love to hear from you soon!
                  Jennifer

#9 shannonlrp

shannonlrp
                  • 25 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

I will be at Dunn's River Sept 15th-23rd 2008 for my honeymoon!
                    -Shannon[SIGPIC]

#10 OMC

OMC
                    • 23 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:14 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jenniferroberson
                      I am getting married at Dunn's River in October 2008. I probably can't offer much help to you but I have made lots of contact with my wedding planner and so I might have some info!!! Hope you are feeling relaxed!!! Your event is sooo close!!! Love to hear from you soon!
                      Jennifer
                      I'm feeling a little nervous plus I still have so much to do. We're leaving in exactly 4 weeks from today. I have decided to bring my own gazebo decorations. I "borrowed" the idea from Agape Gems. The wedding coordinator seems to be OK with it. I just need to pay a set-up fee. Hopefully the fee won't be too outrageous.

Anyone decided on whether to take the free bouquet or to upgrade? I'm not too impressed with the pictures of the free bouquets but the upgrades are pretty pricey.
                      Oyinka

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users