Photo

Riu Santa Fe Brides

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jlynpiatt

jlynpiatt
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

I'm a tiny bit concerned. I know my wedding is almost a year away but I figured we'd have to put some sort of a deposit down to hold the date and time. I asked Erika (who by the way has been wonderful), and she said, nope she'd contact me two months before my wedding. Please tell me this is normal. Erika has been super nice and helpful, I hate to keep bothering her. I just don't really know how things work.

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

some resorts do it this way, some want all up front! i wouldnt worry about it if i was you, but sandra e. got married there a month or so ago, she would know the best!

#3 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

Did you not booked your wedding through the riu.com web site? That's what I did and booked mine months in advanced. Once you select the wedding package that you want you'll get an email confirmation letting you know that time and date are available. Now it may be a bit early to book it, but just keep going to the web site and see if you can book it and just do it as soon as you can.

#4 jlynpiatt

jlynpiatt
      • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:43 PM

That's what I did, I just wasn't sure that was set in stone. I thought we'd have to pay something?

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jlynpiatt
          That's what I did, I just wasn't sure that was set in stone. I thought we'd have to pay something?
          You don't have to pay anything upfront. Once you make a reservation online and enter your CC information you will be charged a fee (I don't remember what that was, it'll say on the confirmation) if you cancel the wedding. You will get a follow email from the hotel letting you know they have received your request and will give you a confirmation code. At that point you will need to enter it on the riu.com web site again and reconfirm all of your info.

The last email doesn't come until about 2-3 months before the wedding. However, consider your wedding confirm after you receive the first confirmation email. Keep that information.

Good luck!

#6 jlynpiatt

jlynpiatt
          • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

Thanks so much for the help!

#7 Kelly C

Kelly C
            • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

I booked through the website. It took a couple weeks to get the final confirmation since the time we wanted wasn't available online, but my TA called the Riu and they said it was.. Once it was all cleared up they sent me an email and I had to fill out information. We had to give them a credit card number to hold and wasn't charged anything. They said we would be charged at the wedding time. We were also told that we had to do that in order to hold the time and date.
              so i would check into that part and save all emails from them.
              Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users