• Please log in to reply
734 replies to this topic

#361 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

the flowers we all really nice & inexpensive. I didn't add much to the package (just a small bouquet upgrade to get birds of paridise + 2 bouts), but I was really happy with how nice & cheap the flwoers were.

The pacakge included a big arrangement on the table during the ceremony. They moved it to be our centerpiece at dinner.

#362 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
    • 429 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

Yeah... I didn't want to spend the extra money for centerpieces so I was going to skip them. Our guests already know we are having a AHR so that is where the centerpieces will come into play.

Plus, we didn't want to pay for $50/plate for food for our guests when we are staying at an AI. We will make dinner reservations at restaurant for after our ceremony. We hope to head to a few spots that have dancing. I hope they will open late on a Wednesday night.

Morgan, what restaurant do you suggest we go to? I've been reading about them and I'm not sure! Help!

#363 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

You can only do a reservation for dinner with up to 20 people. Otherwise the only option is the buffet. We begged & they let us have dinner as a group of 25. We did the mexican restaurant, but the itallian isn't much different. They are next to each other. I think dinner on the balcony would have been nice. I didn't understand what she meant by that option.

#364 cda023

cda023
        • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sobelove
          So we finally got our date confirmed for May 29, 2010. Now we can get started on all the fun stuff. :) We are legally getting married here in the states before the ceremony as well. It seems to be easier and we can spend our time in Mexico planning the ceremony and spending time with family and friends. I can't wait. Happy planning to all of you.
          send me an email cda023 [at] yahoo.com

I am from texas and planning for the week before you.

#365 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
          • 429 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Morgan
            You can only do a reservation for dinner with up to 20 people. Otherwise the only option is the buffet. We begged & they let us have dinner as a group of 25. We did the mexican restaurant, but the itallian isn't much different. They are next to each other. I think dinner on the balcony would have been nice. I didn't understand what she meant by that option.
            Oh really! That's a bummer. We already have 27 booked and I'm sure there will be at least 5 more people. Hmmm... I really don't want to spend the extra money for a reception. Augghhh...

Thanks for the heads up Morgan!

#366 koolatta

koolatta
            • 321 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

For those of you who were married at the cat already maybe you can help me. It is a niightmare deciding who will walk me down the aisle. i know i def want my mom to take part in it but my stepdad and uncle who have been apart of my life forever would also like to do it. Is the aisle long enough for the 2 guys to walk me part of the way to my mom and my mom could walk me the rest of the way? Please say yes...hehe
              http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#367 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:53 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by koolatta
                For those of you who were married at the cat already maybe you can help me. It is a niightmare deciding who will walk me down the aisle. i know i def want my mom to take part in it but my stepdad and uncle who have been apart of my life forever would also like to do it. Is the aisle long enough for the 2 guys to walk me part of the way to my mom and my mom could walk me the rest of the way? Please say yes...hehe
                yes. My mom walked me from the hotel room to the ceremony spot. Our path was from the room, past the pool & then down a pier that is along the beach to prevent erosion. Once you get to the peir, you can see the ceremony site. Someone could walk you down the pier & then another down the sand. Or you could trade off right under the tent. It's a long walk with some changing scenery so you could plan something that would work nicely.

If you look at my wedding pictures, it makes mroe sense.

#368 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:56 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

see the pier in the background? You can also see how long the aisle of sand is that you walk in on.

#369 koolatta

koolatta
                  • 321 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

Thanks so much!! I've been so stressed cause although i am not in contact with my real father I have my fair share of father figures (my family is very close). Originally my grandfather was supposed to walk me down but he cant make it to the wedding so that sort of complicated things..lol. thanks again Morgan...you are the best!!

#370 koolatta

koolatta
                    • 321 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:26 PM

oh, one more question. One girl on trip advisor complained that the cake should not stay out as bugs are all over the cake by the time you eat it. Did you ladies keep your cake in the back until it was time for the cake cutting?

Thanks again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users