Sign in to follow this  
amanda&gabe2008

Can't Decide on a Resort In Jamaica

Hello again Everyone,

We did it! We FINALLY decided on the resort. We picked the Club Hotel RIU Negril.

My TA is great and is working out all of the pricing details.

Are there any other RIU Brides out there that could share any stories :)

Thanks Everyone for all of your help!

I've stayed at the RIU Negril and visited the club resort (there are two RIU's close to eachother.) The club resort seemed a bit more private than the one I stayed at. Beautiful location! And probably pretty affordable for your guests.

Congratulations! I am getting married at the RIU in Ocho Rios. Although I don't have any specific details about the one in Negril, I've heard great things about the food and service at all RIU resorts. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjoy View Post
Congratulations! I am getting married at the RIU in Ocho Rios. Although I don't have any specific details about the one in Negril, I've heard great things about the food and service at all RIU resorts. Good luck!
Oooh, we are honeymooning there in June. Can't wait to hear about your wedding, it's a beautiful resort!!

I am getting married at Sunset at the Palms in Negril this September. The thing that I really liked about this location is that it allows children but it doesn't cater to children. Then after the wedding my fiance and I are going to relocate to a different couples only AI resort for our Honeymoon.

Hope this helps.

Sunset at the Palms

oh, SATP was so where I wanted to have my wedding!!! but we're inviting more than they can accommodate... I'm sure you will have a GORGEOUS wedding!!!!

I got some pricing for extras @ Riu Ocho Rios and thought I'd post for anyone interested:

Steel Drum Band: $250/hour

DJ: $150/hour

Renting Disco for Reception (9-11pm): $250

Charge per person for 'open bar': $10 (charge is for wait service & using top shelf alcohol)

Bridesmaid Bouquet: $30 each

Boutonniere: $6 each

(by the way...we FINALLY made a decision - Riu Ocho Rios!!! Don't have final prices yet, but assuming they're in the range for our guests it's a go!)

smile159.gif

I am getting married in Jamaica next year. We wanted an all-inclusive, child-friendly resort (we have 4 kids under 4 that are in our immediate family and hopefully in the wedding). We had our heart set on Sunset at the Palms, but they had some ridiculous requirements. The They reguired a 7 night min stay for our guests! The rooms were individual bungalows that had a limit of 2 adults and 1 child. So my sister with 2 kids under 4, would have to split up her children to stay there! Ridiculous, but the resort was beautiful. If that is still a little on the expensive side, check out the other Sunset resort at Sunset That appears to be very child friendly and was what we originally were going to book. I think we decided on Beaches Boscabel now though.

I hope this helped!

Carly

Hey Carly....I also had my heart set on SATP, but it also didn't work out for me. Good luck with Beaches! (I didn't go with Beaches just because that would be too expensive for many of my guests)