Sign in to follow this  
Christine

SATC chat thread-if you haven't seen the movie-don't read this

FINALLY I can read this thread! I just finally went last night with a group of 10 girls! cheesy.gif We had to wait for one of our girlfriends to come in from out of town to see it with us all. (I did wear my cutest pair of shoes, LOL!)

Overall, I LOVED it!!

Charlotte's acting was the best of the movie IMO. The scene with her reaction to Big after Carrie hit him with her bouquet is what got me crying, her eyes were SO expressive! I also loved her crapping her pants and her running into Big and her water breaking. She is an excellent actress, I loved her more in this movie than I did all throughout the series.

Did anyone notice though while they were watching the fashion show, she didnt look pregnant anymore? I was like, WTF, did she have her baby and they didnt show it? Then the next scene her baby bump was back.

I thought that the Jennifer Hudson role was a little awkward at times...

I could have done without Big and Carrie getting married in the end. I liked that they got back together, because, really, they belong together. But the entire series was about women not "needing" men to complete them and not needing marriage, so I would have been happy if they just decided they were meant to be together but didn't need the legal binding of marriage...

But overall it was excellent, I am totally buying it when it comes out on DVD! wink.gif

OH, and I would LOVE to look as good as all of the ladies do when I'm in my 40's and 50's!!

I too finally saw the movie on Tuesday night. Kate (LALA) and I met up to partake.

Well, you guys have pretty much touched on everything I have to say about the movie. I could have done without Carrie & Big actually tying the knot at the end.

So the funniest thing for me was seeing the gaggle of gals that got so dressed up, it was rediculous. I was sitting in a bar waiting for Kate before the movie & a group of 6 or 7 gals came click-clacking in. We're talking zebra print, hot pink, big hair, lots of jewelry & sky high heels. The waitress said to the bartender "are you ready for a shit load of cosmos?" HAHA!! It was too funny.

I saw it last Friday and loved it!

Did anyone think Big looked different? I think the actor that plays that character (Chris Noth) has had some face work done. I watch him on Law & Order, too, and it looks like he might have gotten a face lift or something ...

I miss the old Big ... he looked different in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa View Post
I too finally saw the movie on Tuesday night. Kate (LALA) and I met up to partake.

Well, you guys have pretty much touched on everything I have to say about the movie. I could have done without Carrie & Big actually tying the knot at the end.

So the funniest thing for me was seeing the gaggle of gals that got so dressed up, it was rediculous. I was sitting in a bar waiting for Kate before the movie & a group of 6 or 7 gals came click-clacking in. We're talking zebra print, hot pink, big hair, lots of jewelry & sky high heels. The waitress said to the bartender "are you ready for a shit load of cosmos?" HAHA!! It was too funny.
Seriously, that was a TON of animal print clothing. They were cute.
I thought Jennifer Hudson wasn't too great. I think it's just because she was next to some really great actors and she isn't quite there yet.
I also thought Smith has aged a lot. His body is still rockin' but his face looks like it has some major sun damage.
I love Harry. He's always been my fave. I wish there was more of him in the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
I also thought Smith has aged a lot. His body is still rockin' but his face looks like it has some major sun damage.
totally! Still hot, but damn, that was some quick aging! smile78.gif