• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

I'm a non-smoker & I've never been bothered by smoke at a resort (although I haven't been to RM/Cancun so I can't speak for that area!) I actually had a small "taste" of what being a smoker is like because I did enjoy a great cigar on my last trip & we were on an outdoor patio, not near anyone (closest person was maybe 20 feet away from us, wind going opposite from them) & one woman kept making a show of coughing. I knew she wasn't affected by the smoke, but that it probably just bothered her to be near us so we picked up our cigars & moved farther away from her. Might seem silly, but as a non-smoker (& being allergic to cigarettes! LOL don't ask about the cigars though) I could understand not wanting the smoke nearby.
    I haven't really ever noticed anyone smoking much & have never really smelled it either. Hopefully that might ease your mind a bit!

#12 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

I am not sure what there rules are but here in MN they are very strict about that stuff, no bars (most areas) and I can't even remember the last time I was asked "smoking or non" when out to eat. Good luck.

#13 pixydustkr

• 35 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:51 AM

When I first started going to Cancun 10 or 12 years ago, you could still smoke freely in the airport... I am a smoker and even I thought that was a little much. Sure, I am always really ready for a "butt" after I get off a plane, but people were lighting up in the line for customs and throwing their butts on the floor in these tight quarters. Gross!

#14 Princess402

• 737 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

Thanks guys, I'm feeling reassured so far.
          I know that my trip is by no means going to be smoke free, but at least if it is smoke-free indoors, people tend to be considerate outdoors, and non-smokers outnumber the smokers, that will be fine with me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users